Author Topic: POLLTTUTA demands your FAVORITE WARSHIP  (Read 43856 times)

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
Re: POLLTTUTA demands your FAVORITE WARSHIP
EAD Devout--the first Lindos destroyer I ever got close to.  I've always had a thing for that class of ship too--so different from anything I saw in FSO before.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The Lindos owns. Lindowns.

i don't even

what

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
I think I'm going to go with the Carthage. I'm in awe every time I see it.

I don't FRED so can't give a sexp.

I do wonder what the Carthage will look like once the high poly orion is finished!
I do not feel... I think!

Offline Valrog

Hmm NOT the Colossus, certainly! That big hunk (junk?) of overrated metal had trouble in every mission. In the battle with the Sathanas, its guns didn't have enough energy to keep firing ("HALP MEH! I need more power, Captain!"). And, in the battle with the Bellisarius, it couldn't fire at all. The engineers behind that scandal should have been shot. Though its huge size was pleasant to look at.

I get excited when I see Demon warships. When they show up I see Big Juicy Points (BJP)! Cruisers are also very tasty, and I always feel like putting one of them in my mouth.

The Typhons were impressive. That Hammer of Light warship that suddenly shows up and blocks your path to the node while you're racing after the Shivans was very memorable. The Thoths that start several kilometers behind your run and broadcast the "Don't wait for us, Alpha 1. We'll catch up to you." were great as well. I don't remember any other non-capital ship having an impact on me like that.

I like look of the GVD Hatshepsut class, and the view of the GTD Hecate from below as well. Okay, that sounded more perverted than I expected, so I'll stop now.

Kaiser-Ezra  :) kit-bashed thanks to PCS2

[attachment deleted by nobody]
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
There seems to be something horribly wrong with the textures on that.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline mr.WHO

EASD Nemesis - micro-jumps FTW! Try to blitz-jump that Steel!

....now I badly want Inferno EA vs. Blue Planet Tevs (UEF is just a bunch of soft g*y hippies)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Please don't use gay as a disparaging term.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline mr.WHO

Oh no problem, the UEF is only disparaging term in the whole sentence :P

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oh no problem, the UEF is only disparaging term in the whole sentence :P

No, this is actually a serious warning. Using "gay" or similar terms as slurs or negatives is something we do not want to see here. Kindly watch your language, you are not on the chans anymore.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline mr.WHO

I might enter the dangerous territory here, but I still claim UEF if the only negative word in the whole sentence...seriously.

The all other adjectives are rather neutral facts accurately describing the essence of the UEF:
soft - they didn't see war and destruction for long time
<the word that makes some too sensitive> - if I remember correctly two of the main UEF carracters are actually belong to this group
hippies - the whole ubuntu peace, love and understanding philosophy.

If you feel offended then I apologize, but I didn't indended to insult anybody, rather to point out that UEF is on many levels diffrent than Tevs and EA.
I actually wanted to point out that both EA and Tev factions are much more interesting, dark and badass.

It's propably because I was spoiled by currently fashionable brutality (Game of the Thrones, House of Cards, Spartacus, Rome, The Walking Dead and a few other series). I'm actually amazed that I'm not yet oversaturated with dark characters/factions yet.
Then UEF and My Litte Pony would be a good detoxicant :)

Ending this whole side discussion and going back to EA stuff I really start to think that BP Tev took some ideas from Inferno EA. Nemesis can tactical jump (kinda like Tev sprint drive) and Lindos is basically the one ship equivalent of Tev corvette beam blitz group. Telemus supercarrier was like a stronger Titan (two BFSilver would fry Titan in 1v1 combat).
War between these two factions would be epic, EPIC!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I might enter the dangerous territory here, but I still claim UEF if the only negative word in the whole sentence...seriously.

The all other adjectives are rather neutral facts accurately describing the essence of the UEF:
soft - they didn't see war and destruction for long time
<the word that makes some too sensitive> - if I remember correctly two of the main UEF carracters are actually belong to this group
hippies - the whole ubuntu peace, love and understanding philosophy.

If you feel offended then I apologize, but I didn't indended to insult anybody, rather to point out that UEF is on many levels diffrent than Tevs and EA.

You misunderstand. You violated our Guidelines for forum conduct.
HLP is a large community with diverse views from all points on the political, social, and spiritual spectra.  While we may disagree on certain issues, a core HLP value is that we will be respectful of one another when discussing them.  Being respectful means that you debate the arguments, and you don't attack the person making them; you contribute meaningfully to discussion, and do not disrupt it for others.  This also means that racism, homophobic language, sexism, personal attacks, and harassment are behaviours that can earn you an immediate ban.  All warnings, temporary restrictions, and bans are at the discretion of the moderating team, based on the respect principle.  HLP's moderators will strive to intervene early to correct unacceptable behaviour instead of resorting to immediate formal actions; if you are the subject of a warning, this is an opportunity to change your behaviour and learn from it.

The relevant part has been bolded for your convenience. "Gay" is not a synonym for soft, weak, or whatever else you wanted to convey, not in this place.

Consider this your first warning. Should you wish to continue this discussion, please take it to PMs; But be aware that in this instance the onus is on you to change your behaviour, because we will not be changing the guidelines.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Spartan culture engaged in formalized pederasty.  Soft was not one of the adjectives you typically associate with them.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Don't forget the UEF have the Fedayeen, who will happily hook up a dead Shivan to a supercomputer and use it to calculate the best way to triple-cross false-flag everyone.

BP Tevs were mostly just a straight extrapolation from the end of FS2. Pulled a lot on modern naval doctrine and maneuver war. If anything rhymes with them I think it's some of the old BWO fluff, at least via convergent evolution.

Offline mr.WHO

@Battuta: Yeah! Fedayeen campaign was best and totally diffrent experience of the entire BP. I almost felt like I'm playing as entire different people (that would looks like shivan grade aliens to typical UEF Citizen). Fedayeen Custos-X if I really would be force to pick any UEF ship, it would be it.

@The E - I understand your point and I assure you my intention wasn't to insult nor to harass anybody. Nor did I used it a synonym for any negative meaning as you might wrongly understand (well, the blame is partially on my side for putting these words next to eachother).

I put 3 diffrent AND separate words to accuratly describe UEF nature - it might be taken as insult by someone, it might be taken as neutral fact (my stance) and it might be taken as a praise by someone else, depending on the readed.

Quick test - I describe two person:
Person A - weak, soft, indecisive, slow to react, evade conflict
Person B - tought, decisive, fast to react, fight for victory

Now you might think that I insult person A and glorify person B, but then point out that Person A is civilian in USA and Person B is a combatant in Syria who lost his entire family in war. Suddeny it's not so obvious which one is better isn't it?

This might be also incorrectly taken as drifting offtopic, but UEF nature directly impact their ship design philosophy which I pointed in my previous comments...before someone turned casual warship discussion into witch hunt.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Using gay as a pejorative isn't cool, don't do it. If you didn't know it was a pejorative, now you do!

'A bunch of soft women hippies' or 'soft black hippies' would be equally 'accurate' but equally rude and déclassé.

'soft black hippies' just sounds like they're made of velvet or something
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline mr.WHO

OK, honestly in peace time I could gladly live in UEF, but during wartime I'd fly Tev/EA warrships rather than UEF. Does it make me politically incorrect? or hurt someone feelings? For stating obvious?

Yeah I might exaggerated here and there with harsh words, but ending as a homophobe wasn't my intention :(
Lest get back to normal discusion before I gonna be banned.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You're cool! Good talk.

Offline Luis Dias

Regardless of any communication issues here, I wouldn't really classify the protags in WiH as "soft" or any other "déclassé" terms, although I would say the wider UEF are mostly a bunch of whining weaklings, in comparison to their TEVs counterparts. I'm also willing to bet that this is changing rapidly while the war goes on.