Author Topic: FreeSpace The Series  (Read 59192 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Fall of Epsilon Pegasi takes place during the main FS2 campaign.  Its the events taking place when the NTF invade that system just prior to the Colossus' initial deployment.
Vassago's Durge takes place during the later end of the FS2 campaign.
Uncharted Territory is listed as an FS2-era campaign but I can't see exactly by the description.
Cleaning Crew is listed as Post-FS2.
Warzone and Aftermath are both post-FS2 campaigns and are part of the Cold Element continuity, but I believe that they take place before Derelict, which is also in that continuity.  Derelict is one of the longest user-made campaigns.  I'm currently playing through it myself.

I would like to point out however, that not all of these are voice acted, and so far you have limited yourself to voice-acted campaigns exclusively.

For more info on these and other campaigns, check out the list HERE.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Re-Uploaded the finale due to I forgot to put in a mission, Thanks to Trivial Psychic for the heads up.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Thanks for the quick fix.  I do have one bit of critique regarding a part of your tactics.  I tend to be a bit more conservative with my ordinance.  For example, I find that when turret sniping, you only need to fire one trebuchet per turret, unless that is, you're fighting against a Lilith or any destroyer except a Ravana.  I also find that you can often destroy fighters like the Manticore or Asteroth with a 4-shot of Tornadoes instead of the full 8.  That's my experience anyway.  I find it helps me not need to reload my ordinance as frequently.

Offline CT27

Uncharted Territory is not currently voice acted and it takes place during the tail end of FS2.

Offline starlord

Sorry, also forgot:

The flames of war series
The casualties of war series
Shadow genesis

Not all are voiced but they are good. And seldom reviewed.

Thanks everyone for all your inputs. I've been busy with work and other projects so response were limited. My plan for the rest of the series is continue doing campaigns with voice acted and 10+ missions only, so it kinda limits some of the ones y'all listed. I will be doing movie types videos so If you have any ideas everybody's input is great just keep the list in order of the current timeline that I am present with.

Thanks!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
When you do decide which ones to do next, I would suggest that you update your Media VPs to 2014 and grab a few more updated models.  Also, if you decide on Derelict, I suggest you follow my attempts to grab the most recent version, and also see me about getting a fixed version of one mission.  You can read about it in the Derelict thread.

Offline CT27

Thanks everyone for all your inputs. I've been busy with work and other projects so response were limited. My plan for the rest of the series is continue doing campaigns with voice acted and 10+ missions only, so it kinda limits some of the ones y'all listed. I will be doing movie types videos so If you have any ideas everybody's input is great just keep the list in order of the current timeline that I am present with.

Thanks!

Voice-acted and 10+ mission campaigns I'd recommend:

Derelict
Warzone
Fall Of Epsilon Pegasi (IIRC this has 10 missions)

Sorry I haven't been keeping up for a while but. Have you finished the FS2 campaign yet?

Offline CT27

Fall Of Epsilon Pegasi takes place during FS2
Warzone and Derelict take place post-Capella

So chronologically my list (of voice acted, at least 10 mission campaigns) should be:

FOEP-Warzone-Derelict

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Have you settled on your next campaign yet?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Is it voice acted?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yes! :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CT27

Hopefully you'll do Derelict eventually, I think it's really entertaining.

The only downside for this kind of project is it's one of the longer campaigns out there.

I'm back!

It's time to return to my roots to the first game I've played on PC. Kicking it off with another season of FreeSpace featuring Blue planet series.

Big thanks to this community for keeping the game that I love alive without you so many others wouldn't be able to enjoy this game.

My plans in the future is to get many more series and movies uploaded as I can.

So without further here is Blue Planet Age of Aquarius Episode 1..........

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Woah! Welcome back!

Back in late 2015 I remember coming across your channel and binge watching your STL and ST:R series. Basically sealed the deal for me buying the game. :)

Looking forward to this new series. AoA is a gem of a campaign.

Woah! Welcome back!

Back in late 2015 I remember coming across your channel and binge watching your STL and ST:R series. Basically sealed the deal for me buying the game. :)

Looking forward to this new series. AoA is a gem of a campaign.

Good to be back hope y'all enjoy.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Excellent!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It's almost trivial, but you left up the fps counter.