Author Topic: skip a bugged mission with a cheat?  (Read 1847 times)

skip a bugged mission with a cheat?
I got a problem with a derelict mission, i got some ghost ships and i'm unable to complete a mission.
Is there a way to cheat to skip that bugged mission? :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: skip a bugged mission with a cheat?
You'll need to look up the exact filenames of the missions, .fs2 files packed into the Derelict VP.

Then go to the mainhall and type skipmemymissionyo. Enter the name of the .fs2 file you want to skip to.

Beware: may nuke your pilot file.

Offline Solatar

Addendum to beware:  If you use the cheat, then Shift-Esc out of the game during the mission you skipped to, it will nuke the campaign save file (in the fs2/data/players/ folder).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:58:09 am by Solatar »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Or you could just fail the mission 5 times and it should give you the option to skip.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Fail by dying that is, taking Tempests and firing them into something at point blank so you get caught in the blast is one way of doing that quickly.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Fail by dying that is, taking Tempests and firing them into something at point blank so you get caught in the blast is one way of doing that quickly.

Sound the best :) Thanks