Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

lazy question about TBL's and TBM's

(1/3) > >>

DefCynodont119:
So I'm trying to extract the SAAA and S-AAA-Weak in complete, MVP, single, standalone table form- IE: The weapons in their full table state with all the MVP edits already put in. no separate tbm's.  kind of like how BtA does things.

I know I could just open up the retail table file and dig for the 2 or 3 Mvp tbm's that edit those weapons and merge them manually. . .
Adding and Overwriting code line by line. . .
with tons of room for me to make errors. . .     (I know about the Wiki, but it can still be tedious to go though and not misplace things)

but. . . :/

I'm just wondering if there is an easier way to do this? FRED has the TBL view button that shows the combined tbl and tbm edits for a selected ship, but there is no option like this for weapons as far as I know.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Nightmare:
Sadly, there's no other way. :sigh: You could ask if the MVPs could change their TBM structure (as AFAIK, nobody ever used only parts of them, aside high-res stuff) to make it easier to mod... but that's probably it.

0rph3u5:
The MediaVPs .tbms don't add functionality* so they are safe to disregard anyway. Personally I wouldn't bother updating my special issue versions of FS2 weapons if it wasn't breaking visual cohesion.

* (the only edge case being beams overpentrating targets at low hull value)

Nightmare:
Well getting consistent, improved graphics is actually the point behind DefCynodonts question I presume...

X3N0-Life-Form:

--- Quote from: 0rph3u5 on September 21, 2019, 03:40:43 am ---* (the only edge case being beams overpentrating targets at low hull value)

--- End quote ---
Actually, I'm pretty sure that beam overpenetration is a retail thing, the MVPs only added the flamy bits that come out alongside the beam on the other side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version