Author Topic: Broken HUD  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Leo_

I just downloaded Diaspora: Shattered Armistice,  and immediately started to play it.  I was hyped by this game, and ready to play, until I got to the viper training in the beginning.  My HUD is a group of large blocks, and the original HUD will flash occasionally in the background.  I've tried lowering, raising, and changing the graphic settings, and none seem to fix the problem.   

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Huh, that's weird.

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Leo_

I think this is it...

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Never seen that before.  It's a bit of a longshot, but try removing these launcher options (Advanced settings tab) and see if that helps (some of them affect how the hud is displayed);

Code: [Select]
  -ballistic_gauge (HUD section / analog ballistic ammo gauge)
  -dualscanlines (HUD section / another pair of scanning lines)
  -orbradar (HUD section / 3D radar)
  -rearm_timer (HUD section)
  -targetinfo (HUD section / Enable info next to target)
  -3dwarp (Gameplay section)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Leo_

Alright, thanks for the help.  Ill try that out.

Offline Leo_

Removing those commands from the command line didn't do much; the original HUD flashes even more now, but the targeting and lock-on reticule work now.  My system might be incompatible with this game, but here's my specs for reference:

Asus laptop Q500A-

Core: Intel Core i5-3230M 2.6 GHz
Memory: 6144 MB of memory, Dual-Channel 800 MHz PC3-12800
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000, Core: 650 MHz, Memory: 800 MHz, 9.17.10.2867
RAM: 6GB

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Oh, you've got an Intel video card, unfortunately Diaspora doesn't support them :(  Having said that, some people have got it to work by enabling these launcher options:

Advanced -> Troubleshooting
Don't use shaders for model rendering
or
Disable GLSL (shader) support
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Leo_

Disabling the GLSL (shader) support makes the game run perfectly. The HUD is back to normal and the texture maps don't glitch out.  Thanks for the awesome support.  Excuse me now, while I play the hell out of this game. 

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You might want to try the 1.1 patch if you have further issues. It's still in beta but it makes the missions much more awesome. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Leo_

Alright thanks for the pointer  :)