Author Topic: ATTN: Looking for multiplayer test victims  (Read 43030 times)

ATTN: Looking for multiplayer test victims
can someone post if he sees Kasperl's game?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline diamondgeezer

Oh blimey. Look, if you give me instructions I can pass them on to the dude who works teh routar mahcine and hope for the best, but that's about it.

Oo, having said that I have here a link to the router admin page, and I think I know the passes. So if you can give me, like, routers for idiots kind of instructions I might be able to jig it. Afetr I've had some brekkie, natch

dude, know i can see my own game, but not anything else.

edit: it still has a ping of nothing 0 players, and 56k
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I don't see any game.

Can onyone see my game now ? properly?
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

i can see it, but not properly.

gadverdamme.

does anyobody know when Kazan will be back online?

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
All games i see are 0 players, 56k<, unknown.

Only the name shows up right.

Joining them is impossible.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
it's 5:48 am at his place now so i think he is still sleeping.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I could join Kasperls game.

Actualy i joined his game.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I DID put the test/test combination! But on the multiplayer game screen, all I get is something like this:

Originally posted by Singh
so..what? I basically download, make the launcher (fs2_open) run this exe and then just join immediately? I've already cleared out my .tbl files, and put the login to test. But when i go online, the screen where teh servers are supposed to show is frozen (none of the buttons light up) but pressing escape takes me back to the previous screen.

Is teh procedure correct or..?

There is *no* pxo screen before that displays players, it shows no games, nothing. None of the buttons on the side or bottom light up - it doesnt even start connecting to the net i think.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
I have the same problem with his game.

Could someone try joining my game? (hosting one up right now)

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I can't see your game. Only Kasperls Game
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
I already suspected that :)

Another thing i noticed. When I start the game and host one, after a few minutes my framerate slows down to about 3 (in the hosting screen) - cursor will get all locky, mouse pointer is jumping around. This will not go away untill i quit and restart FS2.

Still no luck with other people's games.

sorry for me not responding, i was changing the door handles accros the hall.

rejoin within 2 min and i'll it accept

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
and now it doesn't work
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

great

i'm gonna host a dedicated, non passed server, for anyone to host on.

edit:

if runnning -standalone from the launcher wouldn't give me an illegal op.

well dedicated server isn;t worrking, but i'm still hosting a game......
and i'm there to actually do something when someone joins.

edit2:
i am testing for some other SCP stuff, so i'm no longer hosting. If someone wants to play, post or email/msn me at [email protected]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 09:28:26 am by 936 »

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
kasp: make sure you've updated to 1.2
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

uhm, Kazan, i am using a HOTU like version, and i have no acces to a real FS2 version, since Interplay doesn't seem to ship to Holland.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Originally posted by Lightspeed
No ping shown, 0 players there, <56k, and joining is impossible.

As games on PXO work fine, there's something messed up.

Kazan - Any idea what the problem might be?

this is the exactly behavior of a firewall issue

fsnetd adds the server to the viisual list then V's netcode takes over and checks it - so you may see a game that's firewalled because it can contact the tracker and say "I'm here" but then you try to connect to TCP 7808 on that system you cannot get in

If you're going to host a game, you must have TCP port 7808 open to your computer (and that also means no Zonealarm).

If you're having problems with hacked tables, run the RETAIL launcher and make sure you've updated to v1.2 (me and Kazan were having problems with this earlier).

Make sure none of your VPs have tables too.  If all else fails, just delete the data directory (or rename it).

It'll always show <56K.  I have no idea why, but I was able to host fine yesterday.

I'll be back in 6 hours.

Haha, Kazan showed up just in time.

Hey, if you can get the standalone server working within 15 minutes, I can start it up before I leave.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 10:27:10 am by 998 »

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
it shoes <56k initially before it can contact the server to ask it what it's connection speed is