Author Topic: RELEASE: Vasuda background pack  (Read 5787 times)

RELEASE: Vasuda background pack
Ladies and Gentlemen! To celebrate Chistmas, New Year's, Sathanas Claus and Lucifer the red-nosed destroyer, we hereby present the Vasuda background pack for Scroll. The nebula was created by ShadowWolf_IH; Vasuda Prime by yours truly.

INCLUDED ARE:

- Skyboxes for Vasuda without planet, as well as for a full and a crescent view of Vasuda Prime
- Regular planet bitmaps for Vasuda Prime in 3/4 (x2), 1/2 and crescent phases

DOWNLOAD (MediaFire, 34MB)

For those interested, here's the blendfile and texture .xcf's used for the planet renders: SOURCE MATERIAL (MediaFire, 50MB)

EDIT: By special request from the Vasudan Imperium, there is now also a pack with imagery from after the Lucifer did its work: DOWNLOAD (MediaFire, 10MB). For pictures, see below underneath the break! Includes one full-moon skybox and regular bitmaps for crescent, half, 3/4 and almost-full phases.

EDIT: And here's Vasuda Prime rendered uninhabitable, aka the second pack:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 01:33:29 pm by FreeSpaceFreak »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: RELEASE: Vasuda background pack
Incredible!! :headz: Vasudan Imperium will absolutely be making use of these in its training missions, and beyond...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Awesome :D! I almost forgot that you are one of the best background artists of HLP. Great work!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

By special request from the Vasudan Imperium, I've created a second pack with imagery from Vasuda Prime after the Lucifer did its work. Pictures and download link have been added to the original post :)

Looks beautiful :)
Link to second pack is broken.

Oops :nervous: Should be fixed now

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Of Shivans and Men will use it as well, thanks for this release...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Woah, how did I miss this? This will almost certainly be used for a certain cutscene I sporadically work on... :)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.