Author Topic: Error creating thumbnail  (Read 5287 times)

Offline Darius

Error creating thumbnail
I've been uploading a few pictures in view of making some ship articles but when I upload them there's an error message about creating a thumbnail.

Code: [Select]
Error creating thumbnail: /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/wiki/bin/ulimit4.sh: line 4: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory
This is illustrated most clearly here.

New articles such as here are also affected.

I can view the full sized images just fine.

Is this new? Is it just me?

Can someone else upload something to the wiki and see if they get the same?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Error creating thumbnail
Yeah, I'm getting the same issue.

Looks like the imagemagick software is missing from the server, although it doesn't make sense that it would suddenly disappear so maybe the problem is more complex than that.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Blah.. This is still a thing! Plz2Fix? :(

Our Wiki is going to slowly degrade into ugliness if this doesn't get resolved.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks for bumping this.  I ran into this a week or two ago and bookmarked it because I didn't have time to look at it then, and never got back to it.

I've been able to confirm what niffiwan said: the wiki is set up to use ImageMagick, but the ImageMagick "convert" command is missing from the server. :confused:

So, I installed ImageMagick.  I didn't check the pages before installing this, so I can't tell whether anything is different, although the two image pages look all right at least.  (The UEFg Murugan page still shows an error, but I don't know if that's leftover or still indicates a problem.)  Can someone try running through the steps to reproduce this and see if it is indeed fixed?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Seems to be working. There was some weirdness with the recent screencap winner image.. but a quick "upload new file version" seems to have solved it.

EDIT: Though, now the Wiki randomly gives me infinite timeouts and I have to start a new incognito session to get it to load again. Script error? Google Chrome conflict? I dunno...

Offline Darius

That seems to have done the trick, cheers!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
:bump:

I get the following error immediately after I upload an image or a new version of an image:

Error creating thumbnail: convert: Memory allocation failed `Cannot allocate memory' @ exception.c/AcquireExceptionInfo/108.
Here's a screenshot of File:Pcdsaturn.jpg right after I uploaded a new version of the picture:

Refreshing a page that suddenly links to a thumbnail of the new image apparently causes the error to disappear completely and the thumbnail to be generated normally; CTRL+F5 on the image page also works.

EDIT: Got another malloc after uploading new versions of Gtfares.jpg, Gtferinyes.jpg, Gtfhercules.jpg and Gtfloki.jpg. A different error shows up after I've uploaded the new Gtfloki.jpg and updated the {{shipimage}} on the GTF Loki article, changing "Image" to "File", adding a resize parameter to the linked file and changing the caption.

Error creating thumbnail: convert: Memory allocation failed `Cannot allocate memory' @ cache.c/AcquirePixelCacheNexus/294.
convert: unable to allocate string `Cannot allocate memory' @ string.c/ConstantString/637.
convert: magick/semaphore.c:344: LockSemaphoreInfo: Assertion `semaphore_info != (SemaphoreInfo *) ((void *)0)' failed.

EDIT2: It looks like the malloc also results in a HTTP 524 error that requires the user to either clear their cache or switch to private browsing mode in order to continue working.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:47:11 pm by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Sorry for the necro but it seemed appropriate :-)

The recent issues with the wiki have resulted in loss of data, we are missing all the thumbnails. I suppose the system should auto-generate them when required or (more likely) when the file is uploaded. As the wiki was restored from backups I believe, those seem to be gone. Or to put it using my Browser's words: "Error creating thumbnail: File missing"
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
It's a known issue. Goober's working on it.

Offline emark4

I would love to know if there are alternative ways to look up user made ship mods. I need pictures to determine if I'm downloading or not.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Is Goober actually working on this? Wiki's been on the fritz for a long time now and Goober has barely been active.