Author Topic: MC2 Open GL Windows/Linux Port  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Ma.Din

MC2 Open GL Windows/Linux Port
https://github.com/alariq/mc2

Just stumbled across this. Apparently the guy is writing it in 64bit. I haven't been able to get it to compile on Windows yet, but I thought Magic might be interested in it, since it's going to be updated code base.

Hope everyone is well.
"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Re: MC2 Open GL Windows/Linux Port
Ooh, a fun project to try out!
Just wish I had the time to actually do it... (helping out with MWLL now, plus college)

Also great to see you again Ma.Din

Offline magic

Interesting, I was always interested to port MCO to openGL...

MCO is still in development, ver 690 at present.
Some new mechs including my new design - Viking (not BT Viking + Omega, Kraken, Osiris, Supernova)...
New component Salvage Box - to see components captured in mission...
Some new pilots from MW4...
Repair vehicles, minelayer and RP trucks have second resource bar - health bar is just health bar now...
Weapon bolts and missiles no longer go through terrain and buildings, whatever is hit will be damaged except terrain. For terrain it will be only crater texture...
Unused drop weight is auto-converted to money at mission start...
Enemy Repair vehicle is auto-capturable and auto-added to players roster...
Mech bay can be recharged if you have RPs...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 10:17:11 am by magic »

Offline Ma.Din

Magic,

You should talk to the guy. He's really nice and responds within a day or two. It's already ported to OpenGL 3.0, I just can't get it to compile in VS, 'cos it's using 3rd party plugins from gygwin. He said it compiles on Windows, but he hasn't updated the readme yet. Maybe the two of you could work together on this? I'm sure he'd LOVE to have some of the code base you've already done, especially with the Mech Bay and (my favorite part of your build) the Mercenaries screen.

In fact, my whole purpose of building the new mechs of MWO was to convince him that there WAS a desire for an updated MC2 Engine.  Now that Kiddo is 5, he's ready to start school, so I don't have to be a stay at home Dad anymore.  ;7

Offline Ma.Din

Just a head's up, but Alriq added new commits to the code. He's added instructions for compiling Windows versions. Also, he apparently has the graphics running on GPU and SIMD now, but on his development branch!  ;7