Author Topic: Wierd issues with Wiki images and comments  (Read 2954 times)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Wierd issues with Wiki images and comments
Is anyone else finding images on the wiki and some parts of text (especially veteran comments and listed items) do not display correctly at the moment? It appears to not be finding the images, and there what appears to be bits of code in places (like beside images and beside ship stats).

I did a quick check and didn't see anyone else mentioning so thought i'd drop a note.

Cheers
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Wierd issues with Wiki images and comments
I know the wiki's front page has had problems with its images for at least a week. I would guess there's some connection between that and all the weird debug dumps.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The wiki has come under serious spambot attacks that haven't stopped since then. I think Goober is about to fix it soon.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Ah I see cheers for the heads up; Apologies have been out of the loop for a while. Good luck to Goober.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks.  It will be nuked from orbit, and then rebuilt.

Offline Fusion

Wanted to ask about this again - Any ETA on when the pictures will be back up? They're still buggered on the wiki.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The ETA is "as soon as possible".  It is my highest priority FreeSpace-related project, but it is also a big job.  The entire wiki needs to be wiped, reinstalled, and possibly even the database fixed.

I was going to ask about this, but see someone else beat me to it. Hope the image links get fixed soon!
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

Offline emark4

Been meaning to find some pics of the user made ships. Would love to know where I can find screenshots of those modded fighters. Been meaning to find an alternative cockpit POV model to place on an existing ship.

The picture issues persist on the wiki - the images of ships are missing and the search bar results includes non-HLP/FS topics. Any progress on a fix?

What about adding 3D models of the ships on the wiki rather (or at least addontional) than screens? Is that possible? Use of P3D is quite common in the forum, and ngld made something similar too:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94364.msg1862064#msg1862064

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The ETA is "as soon as possible".  It is my highest priority FreeSpace-related project, but it is also a big job.  The entire wiki needs to be wiped, reinstalled, and possibly even the database fixed.

Could "as soon as possible" be made to be a bit sooner? We got spambots in the wiki, images and content are broken as hell, and the wiki is degenerating. It's okay if you don't have the time to do it, Goober, but could you please tell us and ask for help instead of letting this thing rot?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life

Could "as soon as possible" be made to be a bit sooner? We got spambots in the wiki, images and content are broken as hell, and the wiki is degenerating. It's okay if you don't have the time to do it, Goober, but could you please tell us and ask for help instead of letting this thing rot?

Is there anything I can do to help? I might be able to squeeze some work in between school assignments, and spring break is coming up.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Point well taken.  As of this post, "as soon as possible" is now "this evening and tomorrow".  And I will gladly enlist the assistance of those who spoke up on the other thread.