Author Topic: Series Resurrecta "Earcandy" Thread  (Read 5772 times)

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter
Series Resurrecta "Earcandy" Thread
Since it's not fair for visual art to take all of the glory, I'm going to be selfish and start an "earcandy" thread. I will start by providing my own contributions, but other Series Resurrecta-specific music is welcome here as well. There is a bit more background on my role as a composer for this project in the Development Blog.

I will list my tracks below (in categories) with a one-liner to describe each one. There will be links to each individual track, and to a playlist containing all of them. At this point, each link goes to my SoundCloud account, which is not monetised (i.e. the tracks are ad-free), and each track is freely downloadable. When Serendipity is released, I will bundle into a Soundtrack for wider release outside this community. I will keep this post up-to-date should there be any further additions in the short or long-term.

Happy Listening! :D

Full playlist

Situational:
Melancholy Revelation (previously released on Soundcloud)
Simple, haunting piece centred on piano. Originally written to focus on sound design - all of the sounds originally come from a piano.

In-Flight:
Note: These were composed as single tracks, but split appropriately for in-game use. I made some slightly different artistic choices for the in-game versions so that the splits made more sense.
Ruinous
This track has a desperate/bleak/we're-getting-our-butts-kicked feel, and a bit of an exotic vibe.

Losing Our Stars
This track has a weighty and exotic feel, with some classic synth drums and a synth solo thrown in.

Resurfacing Mystery
Relatively straightforward psytrance/psybient, with a prominent mandolin. Neither overly upbeat nor overly serious.

Forging Through The Black
Majestic orchestra turning into driving metal - meant to feel like you are ready to kick some butt. Re-imagining of my first ever (but never released) FS2 in-flight composition.

Promise of Splendor (previously released on an album)
Cinematic Trance with a piano focus. Starts ominous and ends up optimistic. From my album Three Journeys.

Briefing:
Starset
Written to sound like it could be in a very artsy sci-fi/spy movie trailer. To commemorate the team's internal 0.0.7 release of Serendipity.

Something Out There
Hybrid orchestral with a tense but hopeful mood.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:52:19 pm by ShadowsOfLight »

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter
Re: Series Resurrecta "Earcandy" Thread
Added a new in-flight track: Blue Hypergiant.

Offline ShadowsOfLight

• Wannabe Composer
    • Twitter
Re: Series Resurrecta "Earcandy" Thread
I have created a fair amount of further content for Serendipity, but have not posted it onto my Soundcloud - I will be timing the full release of the music with the release of the campaign.

However, I have been posting a whole bunch of previews onto the HLP #serres and SerRes #general-discussion Discord channels. I have wrapped these up into a .zip file which can be downloaded from ModDB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/series-resurrecta/downloads/musical-teasers

(Some of the teasers I've posted actually have the full tracks available already in the above links...  :drevil:)

Enjoy!