Author Topic: PS3: Worth Buying?  (Read 4279 times)

At the very least you can see how it makes good business sense for them, I guess  :doubt:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline mxlm

The question isn't so much what you get, but what Sony gets. Namely, the option of re-releasing games after some PS3-specific touchups. See God Of War collection.
Pretty sure it's a cost-cutting measure. You want your $300 PS3, you lose backwards compatibility, since it required a separate CPU.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Which is wrong. Only first-gen PS3's had the Emotion Engine CPU built-in, the emulator was entirely software-based in the second run.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline mxlm

Oh? My mistake, then.

I'd be inclined to believe cost-cutting over a desire to sell remastered games as the basis for the decision.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

which one lets them strangle more money out of the players?  :P thats the reason.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!