Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous  (Read 92776 times)

Offline Lorric

Was that some random NPC jumping in and taking a few pot shots during the encounter?

EDIT: Yes it was. :D

Kind of messes up the moment. At least it got out of the way when the alien showed up. I like the alien ship a lot.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:20:45 am by Lorric »

Offline Luis Dias

What does the alien do there? Apart from a light show.

Offline Lorric

What does the alien do there? Apart from a light show.
That's it for now. It's a scripted sequence, it apparently scans you then leaves. There are videos of people shooting up the alien, it just ignores it and takes no damage.

If scripted encounters are the way they intend to go, hopefully this is just the first of many kinds of encounters that will happen as time passes.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'll be around, but I'm mostly going to be looking for alien encounters

Hopefully I can /will be able to join you. It seems like they all involve being pulled out of "warp" although if you keep your wing beacon lit we should be able to render assistance :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline CKid

I was jumping around the Aries dark region and Pleiades sector last night with no success. Trying again tonight but this time I'll be carrying a couple unknown artefacts.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:49:03 am by CKid »
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I can see the thargoid reaction being a bit different after the scan if it thinks you have its great great aunties ashes on board.  :nod:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
**** it. I'm getting Elite Dangerous. I should pay for the most expensive options, I suppose?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
**** it. I'm getting Elite Dangerous. I should pay for the most expensive options, I suppose?

Assuming you're refering to what Steam calls the "Commander Deluxe Edition", then yes. You definitely need the base game, and Horizons is kinda required by now.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Lorric

I can see the thargoid reaction being a bit different after the scan if it thinks you have its great great aunties ashes on board.  :nod:
I read that picking up an unknown artefact lures the alien in, though some have had the encounter without one.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
In non-Thargoid news, I decided to make my SRV go faster.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The Dovahkiin-esque music just makes it so much better. :lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I like that.

Both add me and we can all copy James May Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
So I got the game. Advanced Combat Training is ridiculous, gave up. Picked my starting ship as Commander's Sidewinder. Flew around for 10 minutes, promptly got blown out of space.  Oi.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
So I got the game. Advanced Combat Training is ridiculous, gave up. Picked my starting ship as Commander's Sidewinder. Flew around for 10 minutes, promptly got blown out of space.  Oi.

Do NOT engage in combat with your sidewinder, also, screw around with the various non-combat tutorials to learn the control and how to pilot the ship because otherwise you will get blown up very often.

The two combat tutorials are there as an exercise, it's like the impossible gauntlet missions in the Freespace "mission simulator".
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Lots of little piss jobs. A few decently-paying ones but I can't plot routes to the destinations.

Love the game, and the Vega voicepack I bought for VoiceAttack makes it even better for me, but fuuuuck is it difficult to make money to do anything. At least at the start, anyway.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You should hop on the discord so we can arrange a quick session where we can help you get started.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Should we append the HLP ED discord link to the OP?
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Cobra, add me (Dobbsy).
I'm fairly new to this too and this site helped me get to my first self made 500k.
http://www.elitedangeroustrading.com/
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Lots of little piss jobs. A few decently-paying ones but I can't plot routes to the destinations.

Love the game, and the Vega voicepack I bought for VoiceAttack makes it even better for me, but fuuuuck is it difficult to make money to do anything. At least at the start, anyway.

Upgrade the FSD, use the galaxy map filters and possibly get a fuel scoop (a bit dangerous to use at the start but worth it for long hauls as you don't have to dock to refuel), data couriering missions are best for the sidewinder as you aren't limited by cargo space, you can stack more missions toghether without issue (there is an upper limit but I hit it only a few days ago after 300 hours of play so don't worry about it).
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
As I told The_E in ED...

Yo dawg, I heard you like Cobras, so we put a Cobra in your Cobra while you do stuff while you do stuff.

Pretty fortunate that ending up in a station to sell illicit cargo led me to finding out that a Cobra MkIII was for sale there. In the span of two days I've had three ships. Pretty nice turnover.