Author Topic: Assistance Needed  (Read 1782 times)

Offline CaptainX

• Incoming fire always has the right of way.
    • Sector 114 - Farpoint Station
Greetings all.

I've been playing around with FRED2 for WC Saga. I am trying to create a simple mission where Alpha Wing must navigate to Nav 1 via autopilot, and then to Nav 2 the same way.

I have tried to study the template-autonav file available on the WC Saga site, but I can't make heads or tails of it.

I decided to try to open up a few of the campaign missions and see how the autonav was done. After careful studying, I have figured out everything except the time compression.

When I start my mission, I can get Alpha Wing to autopilot to Nav 1, but there is no time compression, so it takes ages. In the Saga missions, the time compression grows exponentially as the player's fighter moves towards the Navpoint.

I cannot, for the life of me, find out how the time compression is activated in the campaign missions.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a short walkthrough of what sequence of events is needed to accomplish the following:

- Player Presses Alt-N to choose a nav point.
- Player presses Alt-A to activate autopilot.
- Player's ship begins to autopilot to the nav point.
- Time compression is activated, then deactivated upon arrival.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,

CaptainX

"Retreating?!? Hell no, we're just... attacking the other direction!"

Offline CaptainX

• Incoming fire always has the right of way.
    • Sector 114 - Farpoint Station
***Edit***

Nevermind guys, I got it figured out... I was overthinking it too much.

The entire design is a deceptively simple way to program the autopilot.... how long did it take you guys to come up with that?!?

Anyways, I also wanted to say that I downloaded and completed the Prologue a few days ago... I am very impressed. Definitely professional quality. I very much await the release of the completed game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:00:23 pm by CaptainX »
Thanks,

CaptainX

"Retreating?!? Hell no, we're just... attacking the other direction!"