Author Topic: 3.6.5 Beta Test  (Read 7823 times)

Offline redmenace

Alright as promised, I am opening up testing to the public of the 3.6.5 Beta testing.

Basically some words about know bugs.
The Y-targeting bug is still there
FRED Grid Alignment Problems
Bugs mentioned by taylor:
Originally posted by taylor
The missions "Enter the Dragon" in FSPort and "Game of TAG" in OC will crash at end (for most if not all people) unless the talking head HUD box is turning off for that mission.

When using mods there is a chance of minor data loss (not corruption) in pilot files if the file is saved with different ship and/or weapon tables. It will avoid crashes but the following procedure is known to work with any risks: start game with -mod set as you wish, select pilot you wish to use, enter Sim Room and select new campaign, play as you like. Follow the same procedure to go back to the original campaign without the -mod without any risks.

FRED has a lot of problem in HTL mode but non-HTL alignment issues aren't nearly as bad. Briefing icons still don't show (Z axis problem, just don't draw). My life is just a little to hectic to get that fixed right now. (I will include a FRED build too though)

That's pretty much all I've got. The problematic savepoint has been fixed (old V bug) and a good data recovery update (the better fix) should be ready around the first of January. The builds should be done and posted at previous link within the hour. They will have DevIL and Speech support as well with a 3.6.5 version bump.

Some final words:
If you find a bug please report it to Mantis. Please attach a dxdiag report and a copy of fs.log while using the debug versions. Also include screen shots and indepth details. Help us help you. Try and use the debug versions as much as possible inorder to try and see if you get a crash. Please use, atleast, the mv_core VP. Try and use different mods. Please test multiplayer(which you will need the core VP:new or old).

fs2_open 3.6.5 Beta
mv_core 3.6.5

Attention WMCoolmon, can you send me the mv_core so it can be uploaded to warp core

Or can anyone send me the mv_core(the new one)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 07:38:50 pm by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

YaY, I finally get to see what this is about. I will host it in GW for a while if you are in need of a host.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Thank you, I pointed TBP R3 beta testers to this direction.

Offline redmenace

*bump*
Alright I got tired so I am hosting it off mason cluster server.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
E-mail sent. :)
-C

Offline redmenace

Hows that other info i need coming? Don't mean to pester you.
Do you want to upload all your vps to warp core?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It's on my to do list. I have about 3.5 hours to eat and do whatever work for the education bloc and relax from the time at said bloc.

The earliest I might get started on it is Friday.
-C

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Is there a new Launcher for all of this?  I haven't got a new launcher since uhh...well since April or May or something :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline redmenace

Well that is unlikly considering that Random Tiger has dropped off the face of the earth(either that or he is just not responding to emails.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Is there actual need for a new launcher?

Offline redmenace

well there is the need for a fix to the joystick problem and new command lines args.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Has anyone looked at this?
Has anyone found any issues?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'd also like a section in the launcher for FRED.  There will obviously be some more flags for it coming soon, so a means of selecting them from the Launcher would be useful.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

no bugs so far, but why didn't Bob' shadow build make it in? (experimental flag would be the thing)

downloading now , do i need the 3.6.5 core vp if i have already downloaded and installed the new 3.6.5 media vp??

Offline redmenace

no, not if you have the huge zpack already
              -Frederic Bastiat

Dingggg, back again.. what's all about the "inf" builds.. there is no doc included unfortunately... Anyway that build refuses to recognize the throttle of my joystick (saitek x52) - pitch, yaw and rudder work fine... pilotfiles not compatible with that build  -well you know that one probably.. nevertheless makes a more stable and faster impression to me great work!!

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by quadrophoeniX
no bugs so far, but why didn't Bob' shadow build make it in? (experimental flag would be the thing)

It has been pulled because how buggy it was. There are also higher priorities.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by quadrophoeniX
Dingggg, back again.. what's all about the "inf" builds.. there is no doc included unfortunately... Anyway that build refuses to recognize the throttle of my joystick (saitek x52) - pitch, yaw and rudder work fine... pilotfiles not compatible with that build  -well you know that one probably.. nevertheless makes a more stable and faster impression to me great work!!

you have to go into the configuration in the game where you map keyes and a specify the throttle access. Also, just create a new pilot for these builds.

inf is special build to be used with the inferno mod. This is due to the fact that the number of ships breaks multiplayer.

Documentation will be included in the official release of3.6.5
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 06:34:23 pm by 887 »
              -Frederic Bastiat

Hi , what kind of performance should i be expecting.

I have a athlon 64 3500+, 1gb ddr333, geforcefx5900.
Using z_pack, fs2_open_r-T365.exe, with all features turned on, and the experimental ones turned on too. running in d3d at 1024x768, no filtering.

I ran a mission with a load of medium sized shivan and vasudan cruisers and some cargo vessels with a load of bombers. - think it was first one in aeos affair campaign.

Was extremely pretty and nice,  mostly fairly playable, altho was a little jumpy at times, with dips in fps often.
But no crashes or visable glitches so me happy ;7

Are there any features i need to deactivate or vice versa.

If i want to use a new version of lightys shine/glow maps, do i need to  
modify the zpack or can i just put the files in the data/maps folder - does fs2 prefer to use the files in folder or the vp?

Any performance tips would be welcome. :nod:

Thanks for the great work btw.