Author Topic: Are the .tbl files going to have different names for each projects?  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Are the .tbl files going to have different names for each projects?
Some of you seem to like modding FS2, and, when you create these custom builds, are you going to use your own filenames?  I believe it will be alot better if everyone agreed on a standard for the .tbl files.  What I think is that we should all follow the 8.3 standard, and have the first four letters of our projects, followed by a dash, then a 3 letter summary of the original .tbl.  For example, I create a package called "Alaska", I would have something like "alas-wpn.tbl" and "alas-shp.tbl".  I hope someone agrees with me, as it would be fairly difficult to keep re-naming all the .tbl files every time you wanted to play a different MOD.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
There's a very simple solution to this...have all the campaign files in a .VP file, and move and remove the file as needed (or just change the extension)
-C

Is there really a good reason to stick with 8.3?  All the filesystems (to my knowledge) that FS2 would be ported to could handle more than that, right?  Wouldn't it be better to simply not limit it except no spaces and standard, accepted extensions?

--TurboNed
"It is the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars! I don't see any flying cars. Why? Why? Why?" - [size=-2]Avery Brooks from an IBM commercial[/size]

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
why not just put tables in a diferen't folder, then include all tables with the EXE, include a read me to tell them to make a new folder name it "whatever" and put the tables in here
would be easy with auto instalers
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline neimad

Originally posted by Bobboau
why not just put tables in a diferen't folder, then include all tables with the EXE, include a read me to tell them to make a new folder name it "whatever" and put the tables in here
would be easy with auto instalers

True, but seeing as V already made .VP's for just this type of thing, then why ignore them?

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well then put them in the "modname" folder in a VP, remember VPs have a directory system
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together