Author Topic: Do we need a new Launcher?  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Soulstorm

• You really don't want to know!
    • Soulstorm's Personnal Webspace
Do we need a new Launcher?
I have stopped messing with the Launcher's code for OS X for some time now, fixing only necessary bugs.

Lion has come out, and I would like to ask if someone needs a new Launcher for OS X. I am extremely busy right now, and I will get involved with it in one month from now, and only if it is necessary.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Soulstorm's website -- Articles, Programs, Forums, 3D art, and many more.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: Do we need a new Launcher?
I wouldn't think so, as we now have wxLauncher ported to run on OS X (though, I don't think it has been tested on Lion as of yet, so jg18 may be interested in some help with that).
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
I would indeed appreciate help with testing on Lion, since I generally like to wait until at least a month after an OS release before upgrading -- probably more than a month in the case of Lion, since I boot XP with rEFIt (and eventually also Ubuntu if/when Canonical ships a version that natively supports booting from EFI) and have heard that Lion messes with the GPT layout somehow (adds a partition with a backup copy of the Lion installer, I think).

So to sum up, help with testing on Lion would be much appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:03:11 pm by jg18 »

Offline Soulstorm

• You really don't want to know!
    • Soulstorm's Personnal Webspace
I wasn't aware of the wxLauncher. Cool stuff. Seems my work is done.
Soulstorm's website -- Articles, Programs, Forums, 3D art, and many more.