Author Topic: [RELEASE] Endymion Class Space Station  (Read 10183 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
[RELEASE] Endymion Class Space Station

The Endymion class station is, by far, the largest and most sophisticated class of space station ever deployed in Terran history. Developed as a central hub for an entire colonised system, the Endymion serves as both a military and administrative centre and a subspace communications core, interfacing with relays and nodes throughout a given system.

Given its critical role in potentially exposed space, the Endymion is far from defenceless, with capital grade armour, six state of the art plasma turrets and a strikecraft capacity more than double that of a Canberra class carrier.

This is the Space Station Endymion. The original mesh was by Axem (as explained here), I threw a UV and some textures on it before getting it ingame. Obviously, the fact that it's getting released in this forum tells you something about the future of Frontlines, as do a few of the details in the tech description. But, while we're waiting to announce that, this is being released as part of the project's continued commitment to an open development model.

Thanks, of course, to Axem, for letting me play with his mesh, and to MageKing for trying to help me solve a bug that, ultimately, was purely the result of my own stupidity.

Hope that this comes in handy for people.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?pz0kjs9wy7ad6k1

TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: [RELEASE] Endymion Class Space Station
It good

That's sweet!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I might have use for this... assuming that other station you gave me remains unfinished by the time we release. :p
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Aw and I just got finished using the GTI Constellation (lots of bugfixing) in a mission of mine when I totally wanted to use this instead! (I saw the original post) :p

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Bugfixig? With the mission or the model? If  there's a model problem, I'd want to know so I could fix it.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Bugfixig? With the mission or the model? If  there's a model problem, I'd want to know so I could fix it.

Oh yeah... problem is I'm not now entirely sure what they all were. That was a couple weeks ago. I remember specifically that there was a detail level discrepancy (something like too few or too many detail levels in the table) and I think there was a subsystem in the table that wasn't in the model. Navigation, probably.

Sorry, I'm not very helpful. I may also be getting it mixed up with bugs I had with other models.

I really do like the Constellation though and I got it working just fine. Thanks for it  :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I don't have any sense of scale here... the highlight says it's a small station, but the tech description makes it sound massive. Can someone give me a rough approximation?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Axem

Well, I guess its not really "small", the arms certainly beef up the size of it. The main body is Deimos sized I guess. Small next to an Arcadia I guess. I was just guessing on the size when I saw the pics anyway, you could always alter the scale of the station anyway in PCS if its not quite to your liking.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I don't have any sense of scale here... the highlight says it's a small station, but the tech description makes it sound massive. Can someone give me a rough approximation?

It's enormous at the start of the Terran-Vasudan war...
Rarely Updated P3D.

Nice!

My first association:

How about a station anthem?   :D

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Hey BW, do you happen to have the script handy that was used to animate the arms in Axem's video? 
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Not off the top of my head, but IIRC you don't need a script. Rotation of submodels can be done with FRED.
Rarely Updated P3D.