Author Topic: I'd like to contribute!  (Read 4311 times)

Offline PHRiSCo

I'd like to contribute!
Huge X-Wing series fan here, and love space flight sims in general. Recently played the Beyond the Red Line demo and I thinks its awesome...

...but I think we can make this better. I'm personally interested in modelling up light starfighters for the project, which ones need to be rebuilt, or haven't been started yet? I don't think I could donate enough time to do a capital ship for now.

Let me know if I can be involved somehow.

http://bcohoe.otherpeoplespixels.com/home.html

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: I'd like to contribute!
Most of the core fighters have been done, but if you're too busy for capital ships there's quite a few supporting craft we could use.  There are some interesting EU fighters that haven't been touched yet too, but not many.  As far as what we would want soonest, a couple of stations, another transport, the predecessor to the TIE Fighter, etc would all be helpful.  Anything that gets completed would of course be added to the pack though, but that kind of stuff might help us flesh out ships for the era we're targeting (just before the OT).
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Obviously FotG is gonna be a while, but are you guys gonna tackle any other timeperiods after it's completed?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline PHRiSCo

can a list be provided in priority sequence? then i could just pick one.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The T-wing, R-41, Cloakshape, are all fighters that could probably serve one role or another.  Any sort of transport ship or cargo containers from the previous games, reimagined and given some new life would be helpful too.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
The Sentinel class landing craft could make boarding actions of larger vessels a lot more convincing than they are with Lambda shuttles.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
The SSD.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Read the darn thread, cole!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
No!

Just making a suggestion, I figured he might change his mind.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Cole, that's stupid.  Even if you could convince him to do a capital ship, I highly doubt you'd get him to take on the biggest one we're likely to ever have.  That's easily a several month project even for Brand if he did nothing else the entire time, if it were to be done right.  Maybe a Nebulon B or something, or a Dreadnaught.  Good luck changing his mind with a comment like that.

Offline PHRiSCo

haha no worries, I was thinking of the SSD, but that's a big project to undertake right now.

I love the Frigate though, it's always been a favourite of mine! I think that's what I want to do first!

Any opposed?

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Go ahead, nobody else here is working on it, so feel free to try your hand, I wish you luck!

A good place for references, by the way, is our reference browser, it's basically a bunch of model, movie and schematic shots taken from other sites and cataloged in one easy to access place:

http://swc.fs2downloads.com/reference.php
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline PHRiSCo

Already started shaping...

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
It's perfect, get it in the game!  :D  This is one of my favorites too and I'm glad someone's taken it on.  One thing to consider is whether to include the starboard docking bay as seen in video games, but not (I think) in the movie model.  Personally, I'd like to have two variants, the standard combat version with a docking bay (more interesting possibilities for missions that way), and the stripped down medical variant from the films where that space has been converted into the hospital suites.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Great! I'd love to see a medium-size warship in the game that is capable of carrying fighters. It'd be very useful for FREDding purposes.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The Carrack is ready for a preliminary conversion, and I believe it is supposed to be capable of carrying externally rack-mounted TIEs.  But having something with a hangar would be easier to work with right now.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I believe it is supposed to be capable of carrying externally rack-mounted TIEs

Dockpoints? Then both the fighters and the Carrack must have dockpoints. Do our fighters have dockpoints?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I have been putting dockpoints on all fighters, mostly as the rearming dock though.  We might need to add some for other purposes.  Also, I like where the Nebulon is going.  Keep it up.