Author Topic: Exile - Discussion  (Read 58784 times)

yes i was able to continue only soundtrack errot

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We're closing in to 1.2 patch so we will investigate that on the occasion.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

This is because Exile-mus.tbm has a duplicate #SoundTrackEnd at line 111(Soundtrack Ex06: Malia). There was a parsing bug in 3.8 that actually let FSO continue parsing after a double #SoundTrackEnd that was fixed in nightlies.

You need to remove one of the #SoundTrackEnds if you want the rest of the -mus.tbm to do anything at all.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I uploaded fix of this on Knossos called 1.0.2. I hope it works.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:58:30 am by woutersmits »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Copy your pilot files and try to reinstall whole thing.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:43:32 am by woutersmits »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Or this something on my end, because I screwed up something during re-upload. I will take a look later.

This campaign was really enjoyable! Cool cutscenes and the missions were challenging enough to play. However, I also recommend a "skip cutscene" option in a future episode without having to use the time compression thing ingame. I also loved the ship design for both terran factions, especially the wing commander ships :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Thank you :]. We have skip cutscene option planned. Patch 1.2 will be released very soon, so it may be present in next revision.

Well you could add

key-pressed "whatever"
set-time-compression "x64"
fade-out

mission time "whatever"
reset-time-compression
fade-in

or something like that :drevil:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Well you could add

key-pressed "whatever"
set-time-compression "x64"
fade-out

mission time "whatever"
reset-time-compression
fade-in

or something like that :drevil:
It's exactly what I proposed for co-leader, but his understanding is... Heh, limited at this time o___O. In fact, even current version of Exile will reset time compression when cutscene ends.

Offline Macielos

It's not limited, it's simply realistic :P.

Using time compression is one way to do it, but there are several problems with this approach, for instance the message window script has a minimal time per message regardless the time compression, so when you skip a cutscene, all the messages are enqueued and displayed slowly through some time after the cutscene.

We'll think what we can do about it.

Messages in cutscenes? Don't they use subtitles that can be cleaned with a SEXP?

Offline Macielos

Nevermind, I figured it out. The delay was caused by message beeps. When I silenced them, the messages get passed normally and do not stack when the cutscene is over. So Exile 1.2 will have skippable cutscenes :).

Offline emark4

Nerdy lore question:

If the encantona is the  small cheap patrol craft that can easily be produced to maintain a functioning military, (like the Tie Fighters from star wars), why wasn't the heretic fighter able to be produced in factory ships? The frame of the heretic seems perfect for producing a single unit with less resources. Im aware  they were around before the Exodus but they couldn't just re create new units for those ships?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Encantona was capable of being mass-produced onboard factory ships even before Operation Moyses, but with no need for that, larger shipyards were responsible for production of fighter- and bombercraft. Main problem of factory ships was their current configuration set to produce mostly missiles, ammunition, spare parts, and plating panels for ORS' modular armor. This configuration was kept after the Exodus, because larger warships [mostly Vitalius frigates] were absolute priority for narrowly escaping Exodus Fleet. Shivan warships were always more dangerous than their smaller craft.

Production of upgraded Encantona was the only possible compromise to fill the gaps in Syndicate's fighter corps and maintain larger warships at full compat readiness all the time, as the Encantona is purely minimalistic and very customizable design. Heretic, despite being modular design, is extremely sophisticated, elite craft. With very limited resources, shivan pursuit, extremely low morale, lots of resources and utility ships lost during the Exodus, broken chain of command and overall situation, Encantona was a necessary compromise.

TLDR: Fleet was a mess, so they were producing mess.

In planned second act, resources will be replenished, all factory ships will be outfitted with new technologies and overally Exodus Fleet will be in much better fighting condition so production of more advanced craft will be fully running. As I mentioned before, main craft of Exodus fleet in The Schism will be ORSified Sabre variant compatible with Syndicate weaponry. Perhaps production of Heretic will be resumed too, but still Exodus Fleet prefer to rely on less-sophisticated and less resource consuming craft. Sabre, as formerly main fighter of EFN fulfill this assumptions.

Offline emark4

In planned second act, resources will be replenished, all factory ships will be outfitted with new technologies and overally Exodus Fleet will be in much better fighting condition so production of more advanced craft will be fully running. As I mentioned before, main craft of Exodus fleet in The Schism will be ORSified Sabre variant compatible with Syndicate weaponry. Perhaps production of Heretic will be resumed too, but still Exodus Fleet prefer to rely on less-sophisticated and less resource consuming craft. Sabre, as formerly main fighter of EFN fulfill this assumptions.

Wow, that's quite a bit of lore to take in but thanks a bunch for the explanation! The heretic is like, the coolest ship in exile and I do hope to fly it again throughout the entire mod.

Any plans of having a bit of design changes to the Sabre for act 2? Sounds like it would be the fleets newest iconic fighter :)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
When I played through that campaign, it was awesome. Why do I feel like it's getting more and more awesome as I read the topic?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Wow, that's quite a bit of lore to take in but thanks a bunch for the explanation! The heretic is like, the coolest ship in exile and I do hope to fly it again throughout the entire mod.

Any plans of having a bit of design changes to the Sabre for act 2? Sounds like it would be the fleets newest iconic fighter :)
We will see :P. So far our team switched to full commercial RTS gaming project as we want to give a try to our second favorite genre. When the time come for The Schism, some ships like Galahad are likely to become more HTL and PBR. Sabre is good quality model, so it is likely to get only new texture.
When I played through that campaign, it was awesome. Why do I feel like it's getting more and more awesome as I read the topic?
I guess it's a good thing :]