Author Topic: Error in Into the Halls of Valhalla on Knossos  (Read 1339 times)

Error in Into the Halls of Valhalla on Knossos
So I'm playing this on Knossos and it's been pretty cool so far. Unfortunately, I've come across a problem. After the mission in which you have to scan the Valhalla and the cruisers, the next mission fails to load, with this error message:

Code: [Select]
Error: Can't open model file <gtibretonia.pof>
File: modelread.cpp
Line: 1062

Edit: Ah, I think I found the log I created.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:45:48 am by Colossus »

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: Error in Into the Halls of Valhalla on Knossos
Can you tell me in which mission that is?

Or better say, what was the last mission you played? Look in the Technical Database if you did not know.

Then i will look into that. I have to say, that the bugfixes of the missions are also a few years old already, as i created them for a video playthrough back then.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

The previous mission was "Something Fishy About This".

Also, I found the location of the log file and attached it to the OP.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
The previous mission was "Something Fishy About This".

Also, I found the location of the log file and attached it to the OP.

Oh as it seems, i forgot to include the Bretonia VP file... i will fix this asap.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Good thing I'm not dependent on Knossos...

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
I am uploading a new ItHoV release right at the moment and it should be available in a few minutes.

The update includes next to the GTI Bretonia stuff also a more recent GTF Apollo model and customized flashes.cfg files for all Ships, Beams and Bombs that are used in ItHoV.

While the thing I uploaded is the model that came with the original DL, it has apparently 5 issues...
-Debris offset is wrong
-There are 2 submodels called communicationa and communicationb which should be in seperate LODs
-Needs more paths
-Textures aren't MVP compatible
-No MOI data

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Well, it actually works ingame without graphical issues, which was the main purpose my Knossos version.

But i had included a newer one, if i know there is any and where i could find that. Even in more recent modification it seems that this model is still the same.

Yeah it looks like nobody ever bothered to fix it. And at least it doesn't break things.

Thanks Novachen, it's working now.