Author Topic: Incoming deadline! MediaVP configuration!  (Read 9093 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Incoming deadline! MediaVP configuration!
OK, thanks to the coordinated efforts of the FSU team, MediaVPs 3.6.10 Gamma has been compiled and is going internal testing. It's definitely a release candidate as it includes all the hotfixes and updates of the past year as well as all kinds of new, fun stuff.

3.6.10 is a requirement for the FSPort MVPs, and I'm going to attempt to release it hot on their heels, so that necessitates a deadline for inclusion. Mainly, I want to have high-poly model replacements for all the FS1-era missiles.

By the end of the month, I will need models for the Fury, Tsunami, Cluster Bomb and EMP, or else I'll model them myself. So! Save me the work? :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline peterv

Re: Incoming deadline! MediaVP configuration!
I'll take the Tsunami

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
No staked claims. We already have WIP model shots of the Tsunami, Fury, and EMP. I need access to the models.

If you, like others, say
I'll take the Tsunami
then nobody else makes a Tsunami, and so it might not get done.

First one to deliver a Tsunami gets a cookie. And an early preview of the MVP. There, how's that for an incentive?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:41:57 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

How about i telepathically send you the perfect mental image of all the missles.

will i get half a cookie?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
First one to deliver a Tsunami gets a cookie. And an early preview of the MVP. There, how's that for an incentive?

Does this apply to other missiles too? ;7  I've had a semi-finished HTL tempest sitting on my HD for a while... :nervous:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Semi-finished? It's so simple, how could you possibly half-finish it?

Whatever. Post it and I'll do my best. :blah:

Offline blowfish

Semi-finished? It's so simple, how could you possibly half-finish it?

Well, the mesh is done, but the mapping is kinda screwy.  In the first version, I took orthographic pictures of it in SketchUp, then applied the textures to 1/4 of the missile and rotated it 3 times...  In this version, I managed to get a game model and tech model converted.  EDIT: tech model in the loadout screen.  Then I imported the tech model into Blender and properly unwrapped it, though as it turns out, the main part of the texture is stretched by about a factor of three. :nervous:  Should I try to fix the mapping?  I could probably do it...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Hey wait, that's a Tempest, from FS2. I'm looking for FS1 weapons; the counterpart would be the Fury.

And for goodness sake, why are you trying to rip textures to the model? It's nothing more than solid colors. Save yourself the work! Take a look at some of the textures I made for the other weapons and learn from them.

Offline blowfish

Hey wait, that's a Tempest, from FS2. I'm looking for FS1 weapons; the counterpart would be the Fury.

Yeah, just realized that :nervous:

I could probably make the fury pretty easily though...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:16:24 pm by blowfish »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Can't you just make it red, cut off three of the fins, and call it a Fury? ( I say in my supreme ignorance)

Offline blowfish

Can't you just make it red, cut off three of the fins, and call it a Fury? ( I say in my supreme ignorance)

The model looks fundamentally different.

I have uploaded the model of the Tsunami here

I'll try modeling the Cluster Bomb.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 01:28:52 am by Admiral Cheater »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Awesome, thanks Cheater. Must have missed it first time around.

Offline peterv

I've made a Tsunami but i guess it's not needed anymore  :(
And did'nt need any incentive really  :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:49:42 pm by peterv »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
If it's done I'd post it. Yours may be better. Never know.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline peterv

I tried but this "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator" came up. (its about 280Kb 'cause i've included all the working files in it).

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You could always upload it somewhere like MediaFire.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline peterv

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Thanks for those, guys. I just finished the Disruptor Missile tonight, as well as the in-game weapon effects.