Author Topic: I challenge anyone  (Read 4150 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Yes. Anyone. I challenge you to get even one JUST ONE of my models into truesh*t 3.2 with it's texture on and then in-game. I warn you though, although the model I give you is a simple 2 minute throw-away, it has been tainted with the curse of me and so will fight with an unholy fury against any inclusion in a game! Fear ye brave souls! Weep and despair!

Done.  ;)

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 11:34:48 am by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Okay, I would like you to tell me, step by step, as though you were talking to a complete retard, how you did that.
"I only miss what I don't hit."
Show me something that beats 87 BF reds and I'll show you Hateful Lies!!!

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Ok...  I opened up your blender file, then I exported to 3DS.  I opened up your file in Milkshape 3D and fixed the bad face normals by selecting the bad faces (in MS3D's selection editor) and reversing their vertex order, then exported to 3DS again.  I opened up the 3DS in TS3.2 and glued a light to the object.  I then opened it up in PCS2, added a thruster, and exported to POF.  After that, I modified one of the TBMs I had in my tables folder to load the missile model.  Done. ;)

BTW, converting is the kind of stuff I'm good at.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).

Yeah. I've tried to do it by exporting 3ds into truespace but then it asks for a 3ds scene file or something and I can't get the texture.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I'm using the question marks as their more elite fighters anyway. They're not actually fighters, they're just highly advanced computer drones.

:wtf:

Offline Topgun

Yes. Anyone. I challenge you to get even one JUST ONE of my models into truesh*t 3.2 with it's texture on and then in-game. I warn you though, although the model I give you is a simple 2 minute throw-away, it has been tainted with the curse of me and so will fight with an unholy fury against any inclusion in a game! Fear ye brave souls! Weep and despair!

Done.  ;)

well I beat you to it so...

EDIT: I mad a new vr.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:40:34 pm by Topgun »

Done.  ;)

well I beat you to it so...

EDIT: I mad a new vr.

Yes you did but your texture didn't show up.
Then again, Talon's method doesn't net me any textures either...
Could you explain it again only pretend I'm dumber

Offline Snail

• SC 5
:wtf:

Replace fighter01.pof in the Ulysses entry with unknownship.pof and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Quote from: Warp Shadow
Yes you did but your texture didn't show up.
Then again, Talon's method doesn't net me any textures either...
Could you explain it again only pretend I'm dumber.

Well, I did apply a material to the model before I exported it for PCS2, if that will help you.

Oh, I shouldn't forget to mention the conversions I did with nVidia's DDS Utils.

:blah:That's not terribly helpful. I tried doing that but the texture wont show up in freespace.
This is what I did.
1.Fixed everything in blender
2.Export>.3ds
3.Import to truespace 3.2
4.Get error message
5.Locate texture map after prompt (texture is already in data>maps)
6.Save as .cob
7.Open PCS
8.Convert .cob to .pof
9.Add thruster
10.Save in data>models with name of harpoon

Then when I use the harpoon in-game, it's just an invisible start to an orange trail.
 :confused:

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
That's a long standing infrequent error for last 2-3 years. I converted a test missile for the Zents and the only thing that showed up was the engine glows I added and the missile trail. changing to JPG or TGA didn't help and never did find a solution or more importantly WHY it happens, so I gave up on adding custom secondaries for a while.

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

F**K
WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG!!!!!
 :mad: :hopping: :mad2:

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Does the model open up in PCS2 with textures? (If you haven't already, you'd need to set up the texture paths first though: Options->Preferences->add "C:\Freespace2\data\maps\" or wherever your map is)

If it doesn't appear there, you might have an invalid texture one way or another. Ideally you want DXT1 (no alpha) .DDS image in data\maps.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Can you post your texture, cob and pof file?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Not even geometry appears in pcs 2.
I can give out the cob and texture but the pof is pointless.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
You haven't actually applied any material/texture. TS reads it as being correctly UV mapped, but without a material - which would explain why nothing could see it. :)

Also, you need to have the missile in the cob facing the left - easiest way to check is to set your view to left view and rotate until it points right at you.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Well I got it to show the texture in truespace but converting it in modelview, pcs or pcs2 screws it up! What the HELL is wrong with it this time?!
 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

EDIT: okay, all I did was just reload the model and regrouped the objects and it works fine now???

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:57:10 pm by Warp Shadow »