Author Topic: PCS2 Release Candidate 1  (Read 15945 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Re: PCS2 Release Candidate 1
yeah that build, and your models shouldn't crash it anymore
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, it does spit out the error message saying that the model has bsp compilation errors, but it still generates the pof.  Does that mean it just generated a pof without BSP info, or is it using some other recover method to generate a hacked tree or something like Bob was talking about?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
it's generating the pof without the bad geometry section - so it'll be missing polygons

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I haven't had much time sofar to play with PCS2, but now that I'm more active and back again, I would also like to learn it (and help you fixing the bugs :) ).

But first off, I have quite some problems with the programm itself. I can open nearly all my cobfiles (by simply using file/open) and they render good in the PCS windows.

However, do I see this right that for creating the pof I simply have to say "File/save" ?? Because when I do that, PCS2 crashes with every model I try, and I only get the windows error message, nothing specific at all.

Any help appreciated (especially since I have a model to convert, and PCS1 can't handel it :) )
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
check the date on the build you're using and post it

and yes

open cob, save as pof

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
OK, I also had the 18/10 build installed. With the 22/10 build it works. Thanks :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
nice  :yes:
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I'm getting a crash when saving ships such as the loki or the media VP orion to cob. It runs through all the subobjects and crashes when the status bar reads 'saving cob'. I've tried erasing all the pof data by global importing a cargo containers data, but that doesn't help.
The only hint I may have found is that it only seems to be crashing on ships with lods/debris - it's worked on a couple of simple test ships that lack them.

I'll put this in the PCS mantis as well for redundancy. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
ok, as soon as school let out work decided to consume all free time, I'm hoping to get a day for work on this soon, I'd like people to start compiling for me a bunch of models with known problems. if you can post them publicly do so, I will try to make all models work even if they have 'bad' geometry (even though bad geometry will require less efficient trees). things I'm looking for are missing polys and collision holes, if you could maybe mark where collision holes show up in a picture it would make testing faster. also I will be getting back to working with mantis.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
AFAIK Scooby and some of the SWC devs have had problems, but I've still not had any collision mesh problems with the latest build that I can remember.
(The ones I can remember were because I was using an older build by accident.)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

I think I figured out my collision issues.  Not sure if it really solves the problem or just bandages it.  The newer build taylor (1207) fixes it.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

I take that back somewhat.... I've found other issues.  When trying to convert one of my models, one that I had already converted earlier with pcs1, pcs2 locks up and practically freezes the entire computer. 

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The lockup issues were supposed to have been fixed, it was at least handling them gracefully now I thought.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The bounding box problems were creating such a headache that I committed a workaround to CVS.  That's probably why the models work in the 12/07 build but not in the earlier ones.  But the workaround is only for that one particular problem, and is not guaranteed to fix other bugs with the same underlying cause.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
on that note: we know what the problem is thanks to goob noticing it.. i just need to pull myself away from vanguard long enough :P

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
was it actually swapping the bounding boxes? I haven't had time to look at it since last night, but what I read I wasn't sure if it was just showing as reversed or if it was actually reversed.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
actually reversing because goob says they'd swap each load&save

I just noticed why it does this to mean.  When you want to paste values into a text box in pcs2, like subsystem properties, not only does that text box have to be active (obviously), but the mouse has to be over the text box.  If it's not it won't get pasted. 

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well it doesn't need to be over the text box, just not over the renderer.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Ahhh yup, you are correct.  I was jumping back and forth betwen the subsystem properties and the subsystems (pcs1 forgot to put the subsystem properties in the turret objects).

Ok kinda stuck in a situation.  I've imported launch paths from one of my models to another.  But I need to rebuild the paths.  Autogen will delete all existing paths.  Possibly an append would be helpful (either on import or auto-gen) Sweet it saved it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 02:48:09 am by Scooby_Doo »