Author Topic: I challenge anyone  (Read 4169 times)

Yes. Anyone. I challenge you to get even one JUST ONE of my models into truesh*t 3.2 with it's texture on and then in-game. I warn you though, although the model I give you is a simple 2 minute throw-away, it has been tainted with the curse of me and so will fight with an unholy fury against any inclusion in a game! Fear ye brave souls! Weep and despair!

[attachment deleted by ninja]
"I only miss what I don't hit."
Show me something that beats 87 BF reds and I'll show you Hateful Lies!!!

Offline Topgun

I take your challenge... :ha:

Offline Axem

Judging by its size in the rar, you've got a bad export to cob (52 bytes?). You may need to find an alternate way of getting it into a proper cob. I have a similar situation, Wings won't export to cob so I have to export to obj then use LithUnwrap to export to cob, then import into truecrap.

Offline Topgun

Don't tell him! I want to do it! :ick:

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Oh my, what is it? one of those old TV models without polygon fixing?  :shaking:

Offline Topgun

he will never be able to do it on his own. I alread see intersecting polys and reversed normals, not to mention smoothing errors. you need to read more tutorials. this used to happen to me all the time until I bought a book on blender. it's almost done, just needs to be re-uvmaped.

Dude, it must be a bad export because I have no idea what the HELL you are talking about. Smoothing errors? Reversed polys? What are you talking about man?!

Offline Topgun

you need to read more tutorials. this used to happen to me all the time. until I bought a book on blender.
and no, not bad export, bad model that led to bad export (no offense)

I have the model here in blender, right now and I can't find ANYTHING you're talking about?  :confused: I haven't applied any smoothing, the uv map displays just fine and the only intersecting polys I can think of are at the middle cylinder which don't matter anyways because intersects have never caused problems for me before.

Offline Topgun

done. haven't tested it yet, but it should work. let me know if it gives you problems.

do you see the button that says "show normals"? press it and it will show you what direction the faces are facing. and you can't have any ploys touching eachother unless they are connected (the fins).
the smoothing is when you prees "set smooth", you did it wrong, you used the wrong angle.
PS: I am not a very good teacher but I hope you understood what I just said. and it still needs lod's

Offline Topgun

oops...

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Yeah, see that's the thing though... I didn't press set smooth :wtf:

Offline Topgun

hmm... it was smooth alright. well I guess you smoothed it by accident or something. the one I gave you has no smoothing because ASFAIK, you can't get blender smoothing into truspace.

Well thanks. However I seem to have run into a problem. I got the missile to load into truecrap alright and it even converted to a pof but it's invisible in game. Is there something I should be doing with the texture (and also, why is the missiles uv map all banana shaped now?)

Offline bizzybody

• Space Viking
    • Fandemonium 2008!
(and also, why is the missiles uv map all banana shaped now?)

Perhaps it's the Monkey Missile? ;)
"They were really only teeny little A-bombs, honest!" Dr. Charles Dart

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Can I use that in my mod as my new species' most common fighter?

Offline Axem

The banana? If you'd like. Though its a bit small. :p

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'm using the question marks as their more elite fighters anyway. They're not actually fighters, they're just highly advanced computer drones.

Offline Topgun

Well thanks. However I seem to have run into a problem. I got the missile to load into truecrap alright and it even converted to a pof but it's invisible in game. Is there something I should be doing with the texture (and also, why is the missiles uv map all banana shaped now?)
In truespace, give it a new material. then give that material a new diffuse map IE the one I gave you.