Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 139496 times)

Originally posted by Star Dragon
you wouldn't like the whole Mazinger saga.. or Getter as Venus and Aphrodite mecha have Breast Missiles, "Breast Missiles FIRE!"

Hey, that's different! Mazinger it's a super-robot, it's not suppesed to be realistic or serius, it only need to be super cool, super powerful, and funny! (rebember Boss robot?)

Macross instead is a space opera, it has coherent  mecha design, and the valkyries were cheap mass produced war machines, not some kind of super heros.... so a boobed valkyrie don't really fit in there...

Oh, and what "girl power"? The two Mazinger girls were beaten to pieces every single episode... :ick:

I remember in Battle tech we used to call that a CRUSADER, baiscly any wasp , stinger, or phoenix hawk mecha with the armor/weapon module package...

Yep that is the one!

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
you wouldn't like the whole Mazinger saga.. or Getter as Venus and Aphrodite mecha have Breast Missiles, "Breast Missiles FIRE!"

Now THAT's girl power!
 ;7

Of course these were from Go nagai (my god, lol) also creator of Keiki Kanen (the world's first NAKED superhero! U know they actually made 3 live action movies off that anime? In the second movie she got a naked sidekick, he he)... ;7

keiki Kanen?
From Nagai, i know Cutey Honey ( same name in japanese ), which fits with your description. I searched your title on google, coz you never know, but it doesn't even seem to exist :p
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by Nico

keiki Kanen?
From Nagai, i know Cutey Honey ( same name in japanese ), which fits with your description. I searched your title on google, coz you never know, but it doesn't even seem to exist :p

Naaa he spelled bad, it's Kekko Kamen, and.... we'll you have to see to understand... :drevil:

Offline Nico

• Venom
Official Robotech Mod Thread
Nah, ok, went "tilt" into my head. I remember now :p
He made so many weird things, can't remember everything :p
SCREW CANON!

I was born in 70 and by '76 I was watching Star Blazers and the whole Force Five series. It wasn't till like 81-82 I finally saw the horribly translated adn re-arrainged Mazinger Z Broadcast as Tranzor Z in the US..

I love anime. As a child I would watch Tom and Jerry and looney tunes and say to myself (this is mindless and pathetic). I was a very unusual child ;) . When I finally found things worth watching I was hooked like crack! I even had two of the Shogun Warriors mechas (remember the 24" tall ones?" I had Great mazinger and my namesake Star Dragon!

Yeah I remeber Boss robo.. the only thing I disliked about Go's animation was in every series there was "comic relief" characters that were poorly drawn in relation to the other characters. this was to visually set them apart cause of their role. NOT to be taken seriously Like Boss, Panhandle, Dr Sane,ect basicly all the silly goofball characters. Tochiero from harlock might qualify?

BTW Ryuune, if you like original Harlock, try to see Harlock Saga (done just a few years ago) and the newset one. Cosmic Warrior Zero. It's decent but I really love the space battleship Khariyu! It kicks major ass! Plus it adds a little more to the Harlock legacy...

I also have one of the OVA's of The Irresponsible Captain Tylon.. He's got a Jason Vorohies look alike in the crew, mask and all! !:lol:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:24:33 pm by 622 »
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Nico

• Venom
Cosmo warrior zero, not comic warrior :p
Well, if you really like Harlock, dunno if you'll like:
Saga is very bad, honestly, and Zero, well, the idea behind it is very nice, the original chara design is nice ( there's some "original" characters, can you believe it??? ), but it's obvious they had no money. The technic is poor, and the series too short to make an interesting story.
Bw, the most famous Go Nagai robot in France is Grendizer ( and it's the best, of course :p )

edit: Tylor, I've seen the series ( my bro has the DVDs ), I love, but I've been told the OVA are less comical, and Tylor doesn't have as big of a role as in the series?
SCREW CANON!

No offense

But do you know WHY it was most famous?

Cause it was like number 1 in it's time slot cause Fance had like 2 main tv channels I believe and the other channel was showing NEWS at that time...

Also known as UFO robot Atlas in Italy and Goldorak in France! I actually have a few of the theme songs in other languages

"Tobe Grendizer"

"goldorak Go!"

I am the total OTAKU! Fear my mindless devotion!

I never saw any tylor beyond the one ova I own but it seems to be like Nadesico. I LOVE nadesico cause the crew loves ANIME! and have a anime convention on the ship. I think it's a riot! anime characters who love anime and one of them does voice overs for a kids anime show! LOL!

GEKIGAN FLARE!  And yes the second I saw it I knew it was a rip of of me, er, I mean Go's character Star Dragon( getter robo) but I freaking LOVED IT! I scream out attacks also when I game

GETTER BEAM!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:30:01 pm by 622 »
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

[email protected]

Re: how old are you Ryuune?
I was born in 70 and by '76 I was watching Star Blazers and the whole Force Five series. It wasn't till like 81-82 I finally saw the horribly translated adn re-arrainged Mazinger Z Broadcast as Tranzor Z in the US..

I was pretty luky i think, cause here in Italy we have seen more anime than any other country, except of course for Japan itself, we really have seen EVERY '70, '80 and most of '90 series.... and Grendizer, as Nico say, it's the most popular ever in Italy too!

Star Dragon? I bet you mean Getter Dragon right? :)

Oh and i've seen Harlock Saga, indeed i have the DVD at home :) but as Nico says, it's pretty bad, didn't liked it at all, it was much better Queen Emeraldas...

Offline Nico

• Venom
No offense

But do you know WHY it was most famous?

Cause it was like number 1 in it's time slot cause Fance had like 2 main tv channels I believe and the other channel was showing NEWS at that time...

Also known as UFO robot Atlas in Italy and Goldorak in France! I actually have a few of the theme songs in other languages

"Tobe Grendizer"

"goldorak Go!"

I am the total OTAKU! Fear my mindless devotion!

What are you talking about? Back then, there was 6 channels ( TF1, Antenne2, Fr3, Canal+, La 5, M6 ). Anyway I don't see the link with grendizer bieng more famous. It's the best coz it could beat Great mazinger and Mazinger Z together, by itself ( he so could that he really did actually ).
yeah, it's called goldorak in France.

As for Harlock, Endless Odyssey seems to be a winner, btw.
SCREW CANON!

I remebered the article wrong.. It was comparing the two main channels for that timeslot for a year (78?)... More people watched Goldorak instead of the news :p

BTW I only saw 1 movie in which Grendizer fought Great Mazinger and won. and that's ONLY because Koji told him about the weak spot in the middle of the back below the wing where he could be temporarily stunned and cause a system reboot. Until Orion (US name) took advantage of that I believe Grendizer was getting trashed..

[email protected]

Oh no dont' start a "Who's the strongest robot" debate please!!! :rolleyes:

'Cause we all know Mazinkaiser can beat them all :D

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
..I tought this was supposed to be a Robotech topic...

*SDF-2 isn't really a robot and neither is Escaflowne...so...*
*shouts: Daitan 3!!!*
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Originally posted by TrashMan
..I tought this was supposed to be a Robotech topic...

*SDF-2 isn't really a robot and neither is Escaflowne...so...*
*shouts: Daitan 3!!!*

the Macross IS a robot :D  it can even punch enemy ships to death hehe....

That's only when lisa is daydreaming about Rick in his flightsuit, Remember how she messed up a Deadalus attack and punched THROUGH the enemy cruiser instead of just penetrating it so the destroids could unleash their interior missile barrage?

And you're right there is NO debate who the strongest robot is...
   http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/a628&.dnm=5545.jpg

Hey did you hear about that purse snatcher in Japan? They didn't catch him yet. The witnesses all say "just a Gundam suit. No I couldn't be more specific, you know how they all look alike!"

HAVE you seen this mecha? http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/a628&.dnm=468d.jpg

Yamato tribute
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/a628&.dnm=88f0.jpg

Super Robot size chart for scale in SRW video games
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/a628&.dnm=eaa4.jpg

The cast of Robotech at X-mas party!
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/a628&.dnm=79fc.jpg

Robotech III (only for Dreamcast)
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/a628&.dnm=c199.jpg

and lastly a NEW macross game in developement, but probably not for western distribution... :(
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/a628&.dnm=e5dc.jpg

I truly want to get gundams and other super robots into FS2, WHY not we have battloids right?

BTW this is old shoot of fight INSDE SDF-1 engine core
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/a628&.dnm=5313.jpg

yes it is a piece of the innards fo the Death Star from XWA I folled around with fighting INSIDE large mdels to simulate space station and colony interiors like in Gundam..

[email protected]

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It would be good thing if I could actually acess one of those pictures...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

This should link directly to my new yahoo albumn. I click it from the thread and it opens fine for me..? anyone else having problems?

I switched to this cause Starblvd is getting mega slow now..5 mins to load a webpage is too much!

Ops! I respect lower life forms and all but there is a spider with a body the size of a dime on my bedroom wall I need to kill. I have no illusions of letting it bite me to see if it is radioactive... :p

[email protected]

Offline Nico

• Venom
your site is in your cache, that's why. yahoo doesn't allw external linking.
Btw, in the mangas, Grendizer does kick both Great and Z together.
Oh, and the most powerful robot ever is w/o a doubt the Gunbuster. No contest :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Email the pics to me ([email protected]), Star Dragon, and I'll upload them for you. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
The VF-11 is the standard in Macross 7. Which sucks. Major balls.

I downloaded an episode, one of the first ones, and 70% of the battles were repeated animation, or really, really, really bad.