Author Topic: OMG. MW:2.  (Read 20849 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Hehe. I'd believe it. :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's the same guy. He's an immortal vampire soldier thingie!

Or Price is to CoD as chocobos and moogles are to Final Fantasy.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
The CoD series revolve around one simple idea:

When in doubt, send the equivalent of Alpha 1

"No"

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
It's the same guy. He's an immortal vampire soldier thingie!
nahh, i bet he's more like wolverine, but minus the bones protruding out of the hands

Or Price is to CoD as chocobos and moogles are to Final Fantasy.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I wonder if Captain Price from Modern Warfare is a descendant of Captain Price from Call of Duty :D

He's certainly got the facial hair to be...

Offline mxlm

Oh, something else about CoD4 that annoyed me: the references to Aliens. I like Aliens. It's a pretty good film. But y'know, I'd rather you come up with your own memorable stuff, rather than simply quoting some memorable stuff other people did a couple decades ago.

"WE ARE LEAVING!"
"Stay frosty"
"Check those corners"

And hell, it's not like they were incapable, as the execution sequence demonstrates.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
In its defence, stay frosty is more of a general Infantry thing.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
On that I gotta disagree. Aliens references make everything better.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, something else about CoD4 that annoyed me: the references to Aliens. I like Aliens. It's a pretty good film. But y'know, I'd rather you come up with your own memorable stuff, rather than simply quoting some memorable stuff other people did a couple decades ago.

"WE ARE LEAVING!"
"Stay frosty"
"Check those corners"

And hell, it's not like they were incapable, as the execution sequence demonstrates.
CoD4 and MW2 are absolutely full of movie plugs, though.

For another example, fail to jump off the cargo ship at the end of the ship level. You'll get the line "Nobody makes the first jump".

Also, watch Behind Enemy Lines. They took the entire game from there, from the landscapes to the settings to the BMP's... ****, they even stole that sniper dude as Zakhaev's son. :)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I knew they were strikingly similar...

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
"WE ARE LEAVING!"
"Stay frosty"
"Check those corners"

I wouldn't exactly call those quotes as only from 'Aliens' as they are pretty general

Now the "Nobody makes the first jump" from Matrix is a little more specific (albeit, I've never heard it as I've never missed, time to play it again)

"No"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No, those are definitely from Aliens. The delivery is unmistakable.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The "We are leaving!" lines predates Aliens I'm fairly sure.

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuclear1

"WE ARE LEAVING!"
"Stay frosty"
"Check those corners"

Honestly, the reason you'd think those lines are from Aliens is because Aliens was the closest popular movie to demonstrating how a real military unit functions in a fictional environment, so it basically set the standard.

WE ARE LEAVING! might've been a reference just because like Battuta said, the delivery was pretty close to the original delivery.  If it is, cool, if not, still good--that whole sequence was awesome enough that I'm willing to forgive a cheesy movie reference or two.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline mxlm

Honestly, the reason you'd think those lines are from Aliens is because Aliens was the closest popular movie to demonstrating how a real military unit functions in a fictional environment, so it basically set the standard.
I'm not sure I follow. Mind restating?
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Aliens wrote the book on this stuff. Thus, it makes sense from then on that other pieces sourced from it.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
To be honest, I watched the movie about a week ago in full and those lines never stood out for me

*sigh*

Time to pull out the VHS and pop it in
"No"

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The "We are leaving!" lines predates Aliens I'm fairly sure.

I checked but couldn't find it...still pretty sure it's a Starship Troopers reference within Aliens.

A Feddie Story