Author Topic: Support for the Game  (Read 3727 times)

Offline ion

First off, just want to thank the developers for this game. When you jump into the cockpit of the Viper MKVII, I feel like you paid so attention to the details of the cockpit itself, the sounds, the design of the fighters and capital ships, etc. Excellent job.

I came to this years later, and I feel like I missed most of the hype for coming so late into the game. Is there any way we can encourage or provide support for continued development for the game? I'm not sure what kind of support would help, and it seems a bit silly now that I'm typing it out, but I'm just excited to see two things I love come together (space sims + BSG).

The FAQ page mentioned we could fly the Blackbird or the Viper MKII, but I think that is in the game's next release, right? I would love to be able to fly in those.

I just want to be able to find a way to encourage or support the devs any way I can. I wish I knew how to program games or make mods to offer a way to help out.

Thanks.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
We definitely could use more modellers and texture artists, especially the latter. That's always been something we've lacked.

A lot of stuff is slated for R2 including the Valkyrie class battlestar. R2 is still being worked on but I can't claim that work isn't progressing slowly.

I'm personally wondering a lot about the proposed reboot / new BSG show I've heard of. Whether good or bad, it might renew some interest in the game.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ion

We definitely could use more modellers and texture artists, especially the latter. That's always been something we've lacked.

A lot of stuff is slated for R2 including the Valkyrie class battlestar. R2 is still being worked on but I can't claim that work isn't progressing slowly.

I'm personally wondering a lot about the proposed reboot / new BSG show I've heard of. Whether good or bad, it might renew some interest in the game.

I wish I had expertise in these things so that I could help. I've looked up texture art and it requires a lot of knowledge of Photoshop and other software that I just don't have. It would take probably years for me to get there if I really focused on it, too.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well exposure is also good. If you know people who would appreciate the game, tell them. A lot of people have never heard of Diaspora even though they might like it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]