Author Topic: the last mission.  (Read 3665 times)

Offline festivefire

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
    • Minecraft
right, on the last mission i had some questions about multiple endings.
fistly, i have never managed to do this, but is it possible to shoot down ion raider before it jumps?
secondly, have you ever saved any of the colonial military ships, or do those always die?
thirdly, if you miss the prometheuses jump at the end, is it possible to save the evac shuttles from the basestars and protect the keplaw from three different basestars misiles if you have enough wings of fighters left to do it and take hte keplaw to ragnar? or do you alwasy get the ending where all the civis are dead if you miss the prometheus?
Digital Fire

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
The cylon scout jumps away the moment you hit it with a bullet.  If it didn't escape, the Cylon Fleet would remain unaware of the Theseus' presence, and thus the rest of the mission would not make sense.

Offline festivefire

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
    • Minecraft
ok. ive also been having a problem when i land on the prometheus, i always end up landing with about two seconds to spare, but the prometheus never jumps when the timer runs down.
Digital Fire

Offline Rainman

The cylon scout jumps away the moment you hit it with a bullet.  If it didn't escape, the Cylon Fleet would remain unaware of the Theseus' presence, and thus the rest of the mission would not make sense.

Well actually you're not supposed to be able to kill Ion 1, but I killed it once. Check the diaspora tech support forum (Not general discussion), I have it in detail there. The devs said they'd fix it for the next update, but they did find the problem. It was so random Ion 1 actually turned to engage me for a sec but then got nailed with a pair of missiles I had fired and blew up. Nothing happened for the rest of the mission, Ion 1 jumping is the trigger for the next steps to happen.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
You saved the Theseus! :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The thing is that you shouldn't be able to kill a ship that the game has set as protected like that.

There is a code bug involved that I've never been able to trigger. And that includes the time I made a mission where 30 ships shoot at a single guardianed fighter.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Those of you experiencing an issue with the Prometheus, can you please download this 7zip file. Extract it and stick the .fs2 file in your missions folder and the .exe in your main Diaspora folder. Then run the exe directly (no need to use the launcher).

Run Mission 6 and reproduce the issue, then when you quit the game you'll find a file called event.log in your Diaspora\Data folder. Get that file to me and I should be able to figure out what is causing this issue.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Al-Rik

You saved the Theseus! :D

Until the next Scout jump in ? ;)

I also had the raider in mission 6 die before he could jump. I was also using the latest version of the game.