Author Topic: Happy New Year from the SCP (3.6.9 Official Release)  (Read 213470 times)

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: Happy New Year from the SCP (3.6.9 Official Release)
Sorry forgot to post the log, was the last thing I was doing before going to bed.

Wrong log.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline bkd86

Starting parse of 'TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm' ...
TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm(line 6:Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$animation=triggered].
Int3(): From j:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1176

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Starting parse of 'TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm' ...
TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm(line 6:Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$animation=triggered].
Int3(): From j:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1176

What file is this from?
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
That is turretanglefix from the old mediavp files so either he has complete 367 mediavps or then some of the earlier patches are still in use with the new 369 mediavps.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline bkd86

I guess I should delete everything and reinstall (fs2) and then run Tureys uninstaller?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I guess I should delete everything and reinstall (fs2) and then run Tureys uninstaller?

No. And I don't have an uninstaller.

Simply delete everything in the freespace2\mediavps\, then run the Installer, making sure to select (at least) the mediavps.

Offline Decado

Soooo....where do you actually download the full SCP?  All I see are small installer files and cut scenes.  I'm a little (lot) confused.  Is there just one link/download with everything in it somewhere?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The installer will do it all for you. It will look online and drag the latest files down to your computer for you.

The other links are basically for people who already know what they are doing :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Decado

Cool. That's clever. :)

So I just install the game, upgrade to the latest official version, and run the installer?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. That's it :) If you don't have the game already we even have another installer to take care of that too :) But installing it from CD will save you a hell of a long wait. Especially if you copy the mve cutscenes (Check CD 2 and 3) into your Freespace2 folder once you've finished installing the game.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Yep. That's it :) If you don't have the game already we even have another installer to take care of that too :) But installing it from CD will save you a hell of a long wait. Especially if you copy the mve cutscenes (Check CD 2 and 3) into your Freespace2 folder once you've finished installing the game.

ummmm....  :nervous:

I'll fix that.

The Open Installer actually will download retail as well (in order to check it against your pre-existing files - that's what the "getting next entry" message is), unless you follow these instructions. These instructions will save you a lot of bandwidth:

1. Install FreeSpace 2 from your disks, if you haven't already. Install it to C:\Games\FreeSpace2.
2. Now, put disk 2 of FreeSpace 2 back into your CD drive.
3. Copy all the files with the extension of ".MVE" from the disk to the folder C:\Games\FreeSpace2\data\movies\ (create this folder if it doesn't exist)
4. Do the same thing for disk 3.
5. Use this patch to patch your game to 1.2.
6. Put this file in C:\Games\FreeSpace2\Installer\ (create this folder if it doesn't exist)
7. Download this file, and unzip the contents to C:\Games\FreeSpace2\
8. Run FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.exe. Give it C:\Games\FreeSpace2, then select "All Features" and "Let me choose."

This is really just a temporary fix until I can get the files hosted unzipped. (Once || If) that happens, the pre-installed files check will be much faster.

EDIT: Speed of the Installer will also increase upon introduction of compressed vps (not as much to download).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:13:12 pm by Turey »

Offline Decado

Excellent! Thank you for the instructions.  I will try it out today.

BTW, does any of this have to do with the Freespace upgrade project?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Excellent! Thank you for the instructions.  I will try it out today.

BTW, does any of this have to do with the Freespace upgrade project?

The Upgrade Project produces the MediaVPs, which are included in the Installer.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I feel to say that I am more of a "do it myself" kind of person when it has come to the SCP to get things just right as I like them.

Turey, your installer (even for me) worked very beautifully in doing exactly what it was advertised as doing, which to be honest I was not expecting it to do so.

I still fiddle about with the files (of course) once I get them, but your installer makes it easier to make sure of what I do or do not have (as I have been downloading various files since 3.6.7 was first released) so I know what else I need to fiddle with. :)

Though, I could ask that the .js version provide some sort of information/progress window as to what it's doing instead of just disappearing off the screen.....the DOS window on the non-java version also leaves a lot to desire as it never overwrites for the item it's downloading but constantly scroll's additional lines. It atleast provides a messure of tracking progress though.

If you are already working on doing something like this, then disregard. I am merely posting a feature request for this in the event that it's only being considered but not yet worked on.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Turey, your installer (even for me) worked very beautifully in doing exactly what it was advertised as doing, which to be honest I was not expecting it to do so.

I'm not sure whether to take this as a compliment or a slight, but I'll assume it was meant as a compliment.  :)

Though, I could ask that the .js version provide some sort of information/progress window as to what it's doing instead of just disappearing off the screen

First of all, if by .js you mean Javascript, I'll have you know that you're wrong. This is Java, and the only associations are .java, .class, and .jar.

Second of all, both the versions should do the exact same thing. If there's a difference, there's a problem.

.....the DOS window on the non-java version also leaves a lot to desire as it never overwrites for the item it's downloading but constantly scroll's additional lines. It atleast provides a messure of tracking progress though.
This is such an easy fix, I'll put it in tonight. It's just that I never got around to it, as it'll be changed once the final GUI is put in.

Keep an eye on the Installer thread, as I'll post once I put it in.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
It was indeed a compliment as you assume. :)

I ment the .jar file (sorry, I was not at home at the time.)
I did not have any sort of progress tracking window once it finished asking me what all I wanted and began downloading.
JRE_1.5.0.10 is what I am running, I had to have a monitor window open from Kerio and FileMon to show me d/l progress.

I did not previously have any Freespace anything installed.

Could possibly the installation path be an issue? I pointed it to H:\Freespace, vs. the typical standard of C:\Games\Freespace that original FS2 Install defaults to. (Once OS is properly configured and writen to CD, ATAPI IDE drives will be removed and SATA drives G and H will become C and D, at which point I will probably re-install.)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Mav

Thanks to the SCP team :) .
3.6.9 so far works quite well for me :cool: .
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I did not have any sort of progress tracking window once it finished asking me what all I wanted and began downloading.
JRE_1.5.0.10 is what I am running, I had to have a monitor window open from Kerio and FileMon to show me d/l progress.

The .jar version should have the same DOS window that the non-java version has.

Offline neoterran

The .jar version should have the same DOS window that the non-java version has.

Turey, you're fired.  :ick:
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Turey, you're fired.  :ick:

Yes sir, taking down Installer now...

EDIT: Done.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:16:42 pm by Turey »