Author Topic: The Vasudans of Sol  (Read 6969 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Done. Fix yours too.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Thank you, well-spotted.

So I finished up AoA.  I eagerly await WiH and the nasty-ass projectile weapons of the UEF.  If a frigate can do that much damage to a Raynor, the GTVA will have one hell of a hard fight on their hands.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
How much damage did the Renjien do? I've never seen it deal more than few percent.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
11% on my run.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline eliex

14% for me.

Took it down to 63%.  On Very Easy.  Of course, for some odd reason the Raynor wasn't firing its beams. :confused:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Took it down to 63%.  On Very Easy.  Of course, for some odd reason the Raynor wasn't firing its beams. :confused:

That's because you're on Very Easy -- it makes friendly capital ships weak as well as enemies.

The infrequent beam firing might have been due to a SEXP problem or (in-story) due to dissent amongst the Orestes' gunnery crews.

Yeah, playing through the mission on Insane, the Renjian did about 11% damage -- but, on the other hand, it didn't have railguns, which the Karuna types in WiH will. So yes, SpardaSon, I think we can anticipate some awesome stuff from those ships.

Despite what I was saying in the other thread about the two factions being pretty fairly balanced, and the GTVA having a slight edge with the beams, I really love the UEF ships, and I think their gritty missiles-and-railguns feel is really appealing.

Offline eliex

Despite what I was saying in the other thread about the two factions being pretty fairly balanced, and the GTVA having a slight edge with the beams, I really love the UEF ships, and I think their gritty missiles-and-railguns feel is really appealing.

Also I think that the railgun can easily target large beam turrets (like the Hecate frontal beams) being priority, as well as normal turrets without having the player to fly over to take them out. Especially on broadside battles.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 01:35:37 am by eliex »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Beams can do that too, though. It's not like it's an advantage of one or the other.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I've found that high-damage, high-velocity projectiles are far more effective at disabling subsystems and turrets than a direct-fire beam, purely because they generally have a higher rate of fire. (A BGreen fire once every 30 seconds).
Slash beams are quite good at destroying poorly armored turrets, however, and can destroy several in one pass.

At this rate, this thread is going to be split, and this part moved and fused with the Railgun vs. Beam discussion in the BP forum. (yes, there's already a thread for this).
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You missed a "]" in "[quote author=General Battuta link=topic=60172.msg1188289#msg1188289 date=1231440784", eliex. Fix it. :sigh:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:36:53 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

Thanks. It's fixed.  :)