Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577217 times)

very neat Akalabeth. seeing as how the servers going down in a week can you post coordinates so I can check it out?

My stuff is at 3280, Y, 15800

So . . . . it's kinda far off (it took me 2 hours to get there via the overworld). I never got to the portal building phase. I suppose I could probably try and build a portal and someone could make their way there in the nether but not sure it's worth it. Or, I dunno how to set up a public warp? (like new trashmania). A lot of my stuff is built but it's not realy that exciting inside (castle is a case in point really). It's a throne room, a bedroom and a tall ass spiral staircase to get there. I suppose the sheep and wheat farms are mostly finished.

It's kinda silly actually because a lot of my stuff doesn't have doors. I wanted to make some elevator rails to connect it all but never got that far, so I usually break a hole into where I go to get in hahaha.

The two portal rooms you can access via the nether though. If you go into the portal near the spawn, then once you get to the rail go right and up. There'll be a sign that says like "Axem's Koalas". Follow that sign and go down the stairs out into the nether hten follow the cobble stone "beacons" that grimp set up. Eventually you'll get to the portal complex, which leads to the overworld complex (which, leads to pretty much nothing as it's just hidden underground). The Nether complex however goes to grimp's farm by accident (some rail with some unfinished redstone lamps that are supposed to light up as you travel but only light up in one direction currently).

And damn, Angel, why didn't you give some tours? :eek2:

I was going to finish a bunch of stuff and THEN build a portal so people could check it out, but never got that far. The wheat farm was sorta turning out to be too big and ugly anyway so I'm not too sad to see it go. 21 full plots of wheat is probably unneccesary
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:54:12 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
And qaz, not that I have any control over your decisions, but banning Trash just for a few comments in here feels like it's in very poor taste.

Not to speak for Qaz, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the came about due to a cumulative effect that was merely topped off by Trash's recent comments.

It was it wasn't anything Minecraft related, I can tell you that. I have been nothing but helpfull and supportive on the server; as plenty of people can attest to.

And it probably wasn't related to anything other than not liking something I said, sometime, somewhere, as such things tend to.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
And qaz, not that I have any control over your decisions, but banning Trash just for a few comments in here feels like it's in very poor taste.

Not to speak for Qaz, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the came about due to a cumulative effect that was merely topped off by Trash's recent comments.
yup, pretty much, there's a few other people I was considering, but they've recently improved.

I wasn't on that list was I? D:
"No"

Yeah, one thing I will say that as a new player to the server Trashman was welcoming and gave me some free gear + so forth. He also seems to be one of the more active players. So maybe the ban will in time prove instead to be a temporary suspension? :)

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
No idea mate, part of me wanted to go rather trolltastic, use a 20km ocean seed, "forget" to give sandwich and kyad login details and dissapear for a month.

A cookie to anyone who makes their first home an underwater mud hut directly below the spawn location, instead of ragequitting or trying to swim off to land.
[edit] Admins putting themselves into creative mode would be excluded, of course. [/edit]

Trying to swim to land, only to find out Qaz put a max setting on his map! You'll never get to land! It's just five blocks past the barrier!

If we are going to troll the people playing on the server, let's do so in a way that is actually playable so that players die over and over again trying to survive.

I propose we:
Use a mod to change all the water to lava.  Firey death ensures, and lack of water access means you can't just turn the lake of fire into a lake of obsidian.

Replace all grass with dirt blocks.  No grass means no friendly farm animals to breed.  Other means of acquiring food do exist, but it is up to the players to figure that one out.

Fill in some or all of the underground caves, so that monsters that would otherwise spawn underground will spawn on the surface during nighttime.  Because of how monster spawning works, this will make nighttime VERY dangerous if the area is not lit up completely.

Replace most of the stone with sandstone, with stone deposits scattered about.  This will make players value stone tools a lot more.

And last but not least, scatter chests with loot in them around the map.  Guard them with buried mob spawners, so players can die trying to retrieve the loot.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Yeah, one thing I will say that as a new player to the server Trashman was welcoming and gave me some free gear + so forth. He also seems to be one of the more active players. So maybe the ban will in time prove instead to be a temporary suspension? :)

Don't forget I helped you out and gave you chickens too <.<'

But yeh trash has helped me out with a bunch of stuff too, mainly sticking signs in my mob trap so I can haz mor tnt <3
Plus giving design tips n such since I suck at that...there's a reason most of my stuff is underground/underwater xD
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Don't forget I helped you out and gave you chickens too <.<'

Yeah I know you did dude but you're not banned yet.
Buncha that wheat in my barn is probably partially grown from seeds you gave me.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
xD that's not quite what I meant.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Moderation decisions that do not concern you should not be discussed publicly such as in this place, you can appeal to moderators in PM's but that doesn't mean you'll be heard. Admin decisions are final (changed without notice).
Just saying...

Signed, me

Moderation decisions that do not concern you should not be discussed publicly such as in this place, you can appeal to moderators in PM's but that doesn't mean you'll be heard. Admin decisions are final (changed without notice).
Just saying...

I know, just putting in a supporting word for him.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Just saying...

What I find funny is that if a politican would say something similar, he would be shunned and hated.  :lol:

Either way, I just spent a good hour just watching the best minecraft works on YouTube.
I now feel so small.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Just saying...

What I find funny is that if a politican would say something similar, he would be shunned and hated.  :lol:

Good thing MC servers are run as a dictatorship then. Qaz is our emperor.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Wouldn't that be an empire then?
I thought he was supreme general trainwreck....
Signed, me

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Just saying...

Good thing MC servers are run as a dictatorship then. Qaz is our emperor.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

When the change over happens I will be back to start anew. Documented some of my stuff in screenshots for future reference and ideas. :yes:

Also, I disagree with the_trashban.

Just saying...

(NOTE: I am NOT accusing anyone of being a dick so please don't smite me :nervous:).

Rule 1.
"Don't be a dick (this applies to admins too, post in here if any **** goes down, I won't have discussions in private, things should be run openly)"

Just saying.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Ah, conflict with the view i have on discussing bans, in the matter that they usually and easily become terrible flame wars where nobody wins, you point it out perfectly, my mistake mr deadperson, hat off to you.

I'll have to be blunt then, the admin doesn't like the banned person, the person has brought strife and drama to the server in multiple times, maybe the admin has also some part to blame, as you need two to tango, but it boils down to someone having power and someone who doesn't.
Admin gets tired of person, bans him out of his server, he reserves the right to deny anyone of a service in his server, and he has enforced this right. I am sorry you've lost someone you've hold in esteem (whoever this applies to), but this is how it is, and I am going to side with the supreme general emperor qazwsx on this.
Signed, me

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken