Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576485 times)

Hmms will chests and mob farms still work in the old read-only world? Hostile mobs don't matter so much if you wanna disable those, but would be nice if I could still make use of my iron golem and breeding farms. And access to our chests will allow us to rebuild without having to go completely back to the stone age.

Just suck it up and play survival the way it was meant to be played.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Carefull Grimp. Your comments must only be positive.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Hmms will chests and mob farms still work in the old read-only world? Hostile mobs don't matter so much if you wanna disable those, but would be nice if I could still make use of my iron golem and breeding farms. And access to our chests will allow us to rebuild without having to go completely back to the stone age.

Is someone going to tell him the definition of "read-only", or are we going to wait before he crushes his own hopes and dreams?
"No"

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Stop it.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
trashman pls go

Aw damn :(

Ah well still good to have the old map so I can expand on the old designs at least.

Read-only.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
trashman pls go

Read-only.

I have a better idea. When TrashMan ****s up the thread, we blow up one of the things he's built on the server. This allows us to create an enviroment where we do not reach this point.

In fact, I fully support this for everyone. Anytime someone gets obsessive/cranky/annoying, we blow up something that belongs to them on the server. This will prevent people from becoming to obsessive over their creations, and will also provide incentive to avoid being a dick.  :pimp:

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Dissuade dickish behaviour by engaging in dickish behaviour... :doubt:

Seems legit. :nod:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Well, I was trying to be partially sarcastic...

Although seriously, in another form, it might work. Maybe, but I don't personally believe it will.

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
*looks at the last few posts*

... :wtf:

Sarcasm is often, if not 90% of the time, missed in a text-only forum and taken the worst possible way.

Don't poke at things with sticks, k?

(beating a creeper in-game with a stick is one thing, this is another )
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Just as a quick aside, if I could get it working, who would be interested in a Tekkit server via Hamachi? (probably, since it's the only way that I can find that works for this setup).

Tekkit allows pipelines/quarries, and lots of other technology, but at the price of being a little behind the curve with standard MC updates, and, being a player-created collection of plugins, is probably also less stable than common-garden Minecraft.

The downside to Tekkit is that you would need to download a special MC Loader based on Spoutcraft, so it's a bit of a job to start with, so I'd like to get a general sounding before I try :)

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Count me in on that ;)
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
What's wrong with creating farms?  You're still using in-game resources and mechanics in order to obtain other resources, but you're doing so via more efficient means.  I don't think I've found anyone out there who really wants to wander around for hours hunting down creepers in order to get a stack of gunpowder. :p

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Great, now my brother can connect to the Bukkit build via Hamachi just fine, but not the Tekkit one... My computer is wierd.

Can someone do me a favour, I'm going to start a Bukkit server running on Hamachi

Name : Flipzone-1
PW : hlp

Can someone see if they can get on it?

Or at least see the map on (Via Hamachi):

http://5.111.182.61:8123/#
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:17:24 pm by Flipside »

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Why not set up your IP via freedns, forward your ports and use that?
I have one running right now, as a matter of fact (a tekkit server)
mienkraft.drreading.us if you want to go take a look, is not much and might be laggy cuz my upload isn't the greatest, tho...
Signed, me

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
trashman pls go

To where?

I have a better idea. When TrashMan ****s up the thread, we blow up one of the things he's built on the server. This allows us to create an enviroment where we do not reach this point.

In fact, I fully support this for everyone. Anytime someone gets obsessive/cranky/annoying, we blow up something that belongs to them on the server. This will prevent people from becoming to obsessive over their creations, and will also provide incentive to avoid being a dick.  :pimp:

Interesting theory. Be a dick to provide incentive to not be a dick.
That be deep man.
So many layers I can't even fanthom it.

I can see infinity! It's full of stars!

EDIT: Firespawn beat me to it.....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Why not set up your IP via freedns, forward your ports and use that?
I have one running right now, as a matter of fact (a tekkit server)
mienkraft.drreading.us if you want to go take a look, is not much and might be laggy cuz my upload isn't the greatest, tho...

Having a problem with the port forwarding atm, the public IP's ports are confirmed open, and the Firewall is also open on the same ports, but it refuses to detect a Minecraft game going on, despite being fine via the private Network address.  I'm just using Hamachi for now till I can fix the problem, hopefully I'll switch to FreeDNS once I can sort out the problem :)

I might take a look at the Tekkit server shortly, I'm going to do some more learning how to play it first ;)

What's wrong with creating farms?  You're still using in-game resources and mechanics in order to obtain other resources, but you're doing so via more efficient means.  I don't think I've found anyone out there who really wants to wander around for hours hunting down creepers in order to get a stack of gunpowder. :p

I don't have a problem with people creating farms, even though I wouldn't do so myself because I find them very gamey. I don't game the game I play the game. When I said "play survival like the rest of us" I meant starting with nothing and going from there, not going back to the other world to get 5 stacks of irons, enchanted diamond tools and all other manner of materials that don't belong in a world whose existence is born partially out of a desire to put people on an equal footing.

It would make zero sense to deny people creative and yet permit some people to start with huge amount of supplies while new players start with absolutely nothing.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I can barely believe this thread started almost two years ago...

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
@Deathfun, I think your Minecraft probably got confused because I'm playing Tekkit through a server running on the same port ;) For some reason, not even Yoko can connect to that one though :/

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
@Deathfun, I think your Minecraft probably got confused because I'm playing Tekkit through a server running on the same port ;) For some reason, not even Yoko can connect to that one though :/

Not that actually. It's the texture pack
Happened last time there was an update and I was still using it. Need to update it

Funny though. I can connect to you just fine, but yoko can't
Hilarious
"No"