Author Topic: Auto-Equalize?  (Read 4059 times)

Offline YodaSean

• i am so special
    • http://www.geocities.com/radioactiveyeti
Originally posted by Hades
This might piss off num-pad players, but we could have the num-pad work the octants. 1,2,3,6,7,8, and 9 change their respective areas.

I like that idea, as long as I can press two buttons at the same time to equally focus my energy in those two octants, like 9 and 6 to cover the front right:)

Offline Solatar

Or just the up arrow key to maximize you foward octants.

We could make them mappable though, that way people could change the controls. But we'd have to make new sheild icons...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
no, what I was talking aboout was two sets of quadrants four on top and four on bottom, I think it would be more acurate and cool but hard to implement well, I don't mean subdivideing the four current shield quadrants perpendicular to the z axis but along it
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

There is at least one situation where you would want not to use auto-equalize (like when you strafe a cruiser, cruiser gun shots blast right through weaker shields and hit the hull somewhat too).  However such an  _option_ is a really good thing since it will be often used.

I like the idea to make it like the auto-settings where a manual adjustment turns it off.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Nuke
Shields Suck! :ha:

I sense shield-angst...
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.