Author Topic: TBP 3.7.3 Released  (Read 28832 times)

The Babylon Project 3.7.0 has been released on Knossos

The contents for this release include:

Campaigns

Achen Schooling Flight
Dark Children
Earth Minbari War Mini Campaign
EBW-Earth Brakiri War
Guardian of Light
In the Name of the Emperor
Infestation
Io Training Wing
Operation Black Sun
Operation Isolation
Operation Suppression
Raider Wars
Relic
Survivor
Tale EAS Janus: EA-Minbari War
Fortune Hunter 2259
Fortune Hunter 2260
Fortune Hunter 2261

Single Missions

A Distant Star
And Now A Word
A View from the Gallery
A Voice in the Wilderness
The Fall of Night
In the Beginning
Points of Departure
Severed Dreams
Shadow Dancing
Signs and Portents
The Battle of the Line
The Long Twilight Struggle
Vartas System Cinematic
Human-Narn Contact
Call of the Sirens
The Bad Dream

Updates:
Fixed all ship and star names in mission files
Added a hud_gauages table (overdhill)
Added a post_processing table (overdhill)
Added Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge  (by wookieejedi)
Added Scripted Message Gauge (by Axem)
Updated strings table (Orph3u5)
Added radar icons (Orph3u5}
Fixed nameplates (Orph3u5)
Fixed Aurora thrusters (Orph3u5)
Aim Assist for the lower two difficulty levels (overdhill)
Play testing some of the missions by wesp5
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:45:55 pm by OverDhill »

This was a group effort.  A major thanks to Karajorma,  0rph3u5 and wesp5 for their help and contributions.

We endeavored to bring TBP to a whole new generation of players.  Of coarse all the credit goes to those that created this work.  Without them this would not be possible.

Offline wesp5

Great :)! Maybe you should change the last announcement line to "Some play testing and fixing done by wesp5" though, as I see a lot of stuff there that I haven't played so it's not my fault when some of it is still buggy ;). BTW, has anybody here access to the old homepage and could make an update and an announcement there? http://babylon.hard-light.net/index.php

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Fixed nameplates (Orph3u5)

This only extends to Earth-Minbari War DEMO and Relic.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Nice work, good to see this updated! :) :yes:

I tried to gather all of the campaigns and missions that I could find.  If anyone has any or find anymore we can do them as well.  But it was a group effort and I learned a lot from a couple guys as well as working on all the mission files and new tables that were added.

The response from my post in the FB B5 room has been good. So maybe we will get a lot of new players.

I only wish I knew Fred as I would like to try my hand in making a campaign.

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
Good work! Glad to see this  :yes:

I only wish I knew Fred as I would like to try my hand in making a campaign.
Is not that difficult, there are tutorials,
and you can open the mission of the campaigns that already exist to see the structure and how it's works.
The difficult part is the story telling I think.
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

It depends on the complexity of the missions you want to make. The basic stuff is rather easy.

I am hoping some of the guys who have made great campaigns will create a few more for TBP. 

Offline wesp5

The response from my post in the FB B5 room has been good. So maybe we will get a lot of new players.

I had the new version announced on Blues News, which is a famous gaming site. So are there any numbers to check in Knossos to see if downloads are increasing?

I am hoping some of the guys who have made great campaigns will create a few more for TBP.

Orpheus is the only one who works on new campaign for TBP in a long time though. If you want new content and have ideas, just step ahead.

Offline Irusk

Hello, great work :).

I encountered a bug in the No Surrender, No Retreat mission.

When the Agrippa and other ships come through the jump gate, once the first Omega is out all other seems to bug together. Neither the fighters appear nor the do the other 3 Cap ships move towards the station.

Offline 0rph3u5

I encountered a bug in the No Surrender, No Retreat mission.

When the Agrippa and other ships come through the jump gate, once the first Omega is out all other seems to bug together. Neither the fighters appear nor the do the other 3 Cap ships move towards the station.

Do you mean the Severed Dreams single-mission?

I had a look, and I could not replicate that

Spoiler:
The Roanoke in that mission has a bit of head start on the rest of the Earthforce ships because of how the arrival of the ship is handled (tl;dr multiple ships, one jumppoint-arrivals don't work per se in FSO; you can hack it together but it takes a bit of work - here the choice was made to fake it by having the Roanoke's warp-in effect obscure the other ships spawning).

As for the rest of the fighters - the mission seems to be heavily relying on the dynamic AI and it pretty low on scripted events - as such the AI fighters only respond when threatened or when the motherships are attacked.
Switching them over to the hostile team happens a while after the arrival of the Earthforce ships.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:02:06 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline starlord

Wasn’t there a campaign made in Russian by den5 also called in the beginning by the way? Or am I mistaken...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
There was.  In fact, I've got it somewhere.  He made some attempts to translate it to English but it was so poor I often had to open the event sequence to figure out what he meant.  Years ago I started a project to update and convert it... but I never finished.  Someday I hope to get back to it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

There was.  In fact, I've got it somewhere.  He made some attempts to translate it to English but it was so poor I often had to open the event sequence to figure out what he meant.  Years ago I started a project to update and convert it... but I never finished.  Someday I hope to get back to it.

If you could find it and send it I will take a look at updating it.

Offline 0rph3u5

And videos for the Earth Minbari War Mini-Campaing are live:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWRVvhjcnlx0s1jxlIcEAmuCioPW_zNqT

Slight departure from the 3.7.0-version:
- Upgraded Loading Screens, v 0.1
- and I had a little fun with textures on the Auroras
- - In Mission 1 & 2 each wing gets their own design for the "top art"
- - In Mission 3, 4 & 5 the designs are increasingly mixed, so that by the final mission no design repeats - this is to communicate the increasing attrition of the Earthforce fighter corps.

I will fine-tune the designs before I turn into a submission.

==================

Offline wesp5

- Upgraded Loading Screens, v 0.1

Are you doing anything about the "Continue Campaign" to "Play Campaign" and "New Campaign" to "Select Campaign" suggestions I made of should I take a look myself?

Not at this time.  Those are not easy changes and to be honest I have no problems with the way it is now.  Maybe in the future we can get someone to make us a Main Hall like the ones mjn.mixael has done but as he was explaining it to me that task is way out of my skill level. 

Offline 0rph3u5

Maybe in the future we can get someone to make us a Main Hall like the ones mjn.mixael has done

You are way too easily distracted by shiney things :D

Are you doing anything about the "Continue Campaign" to "Play Campaign" and "New Campaign" to "Select Campaign" suggestions I made of should I take a look myself?

*points over there*

==================