Author Topic: Babylon 5 on Comet TV  (Read 2284 times)

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Babylon 5 on Comet TV
Comet TV has begun streaming B5 weeknights at 8pm central.  I don't think you can watch it on demand but it's free.  Tonight they showed The Gathering pilot and they'll start on Season 1 tomorrow.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: Babylon 5 on Comet TV
I just watched that two nights ago with my Mother-in-law.  I've got all B5 distributed content.  I even have the original B5 pilot on VHS somewhere.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I've got all B5 distributed content.  I even have the original B5 pilot on VHS somewhere.

All on DVD here. And that pilot is better forgotten...
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
There are a few scenes in the original pilot that weren't included or were cut from "The Gathering".  There was that "Privacy" part to the Leeta-G'Kar conversation, as well as the rest of that conversation after the "pleasure threshold" line.  There was also a tiny line that Sinclair gave to Leeta as they left customs.  He says that he's showing her to her quarters, then playing off her nature as a telepath, says that she "probably already knows where it is".  That line was cut, probably because the whole altercation with the gunman at customs added for "The Gathering" took the light mood out of the scene, that would make that joke a bit out of place.  Aside from other deleted scenes being added, or cut pieces being reinserted, graphical improvements, Kosh's "Entil'za Valen" line, and the audio overlay during Sinclair's recount of the Battle of the Line, I don't remember any other significant differences between the two versions.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!