Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

[FotG Update] Spring 2023

<< < (2/3) > >>

Strygon:
I've completely checked out of current day Star Wars but I still occasionally play the original Battlefront II, and once this mod is out, it shall be no exception.

People can separate the original media and its fan work, after all.

wookieejedi:

--- Quote from: wesp5 on February 25, 2023, 11:47:45 pm ---So when will this be released? I get the impression that you are adding ships and stuff now that nobody will use in a near time. What are the final milestones you are talking about? For the last three years you are basically the only one posting here and if Disney continues to destroy the franchise, you should better release the mod before it is too late and nobody is interested anymore...

--- End quote ---

We purposefully do not state a release date since this is a volunteer project and IRL factors always take precedence with our team members  :) Over the past few years though there has been a ton of new development and updates, as evidenced by the quarterly summary newsletters over the past years. Overall, we are very excited for folks to play FotG and continue to work as best as we can on it. Also, as TheE and the initial posting stated, the Discord is where most folks chat now (same with Freespace2 in general even). I've heard from many, many folks that there is still quite a large interest in Original Trilogy game content that fits the feel of the movies, which is what FotG excels at. (Also, though opinions may vary, I myself am enjoying the series such as Andor and the Mandolarian).

Overall, there is a large amount of content and campaigns done that we could have released already. To be on the safe side though we are going to release everything all at once.  :)

wesp5:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on February 26, 2023, 07:58:37 am ---Overall, there is a large amount of content and campaigns done that we could have released already. To be on the safe side though we are going to release everything all at once.  :)

--- End quote ---

Do you fear that Disney will try to pull the mod down? Otherwise I would guess it would be much easier to find mission bugs once the mod is out there and more people are playing it!

wookieejedi:
Indeed! I very much agree that community testing would be great for polishing. :)  Fortunately, we also have a great pool of private mission testers to help with that.

Regarding Disney, alas, we are keeping a low profile and not doing piecemeal releases out of an abundance of caution b/c we've seen what's happened to other SW mods from Disney.  As a mod team, we have gone to extreme lengths to make sure we're complying with copyright law, and include zero copyrighted material, whether models, textures, sound, or music.  Everything in Fate of the Galaxy has been made from scratch by our team or is used with permission from their respective owners.  It would be terrific to share the 3 completed campaigns and the dozens of completed ships (over 22 player flyable ones alone) with the community. :D  Though, to make sure our efforts can have the best shot at full distribution, we've made a conscious decision to keep a very low profile at least until the time there is a public launch, and the game is widely available. 

wesp5:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on February 26, 2023, 11:25:54 am ---Regarding Disney, alas, we are keeping a low profile and not doing piecemeal releases out of an abundance of caution b/c we've seen what's happened to other SW mods from Disney.

--- End quote ---

So what other mods have been shut down?

--- Quote ---It would be terrific to share the 3 completed campaigns and the dozens of completed ships (over 22 player flyable ones alone) with the community. :D 

--- End quote ---

So how many campaigns are you planning?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version