Author Topic: Nebulas and pretty clouds...  (Read 10565 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Nebulas and pretty clouds...
with gimp.... you could take images of real clouds for that, invert colors on one so you get a black background with a little white , then put some more cloud images on different layers , recolour them and start playing around with the layer properties, that might get you something.. though I've never tried it before seems like a good way to start.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Nighteyes

Yeah the basics are to use cloud photos and clonestamping them in different interesting ways, there are also LOTS of great brushs for photoshop, so using a photo base and adding details with cloud brushs should produce some nice results :)

Offline Bobcat

hay don't ask me, all I did was use the clonestamp tool in photoshop on Bobcat's original nebula, played a bit with curves and coloring, that is all... ask Bobcat, he's the real artist here  :yes:

Awww... you shouldn't have ;)

I haven't put a lot of effort in to the last two images.  I'm trying to make sure I'm headed in the right direction before I pour hours into "perfect nebulae" for Lt. Cannonfodder.  Yes, the second one does look "crosslike."  Its what I like to call "Puffy Green and Pink Nebula v2.0: Knights Templar Edition" 

The splotches you see is just me being lazy.  When I get a green light for a particular style and look, then you'll start to see high resolution, clean nebulae from me.  :D   I'm still stuck on a military job until Thanksgiving, though.  Nothing new until then, unfortunately. 

Thanks for the comments and etc.  As for the criticism, go stick yourselves!!!  ;)  jk  All is welcome.  Peace out!