Author Topic: Release: TBP 3.4  (Read 87385 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Web space courtesy of Swantz.

Uninstall The Babylon Project and delete it's directory before installing the new version

<download link removed by moderator, for latest download go here
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 04:11:07 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Shade

Re: The Babylon Project 3.4 / Final download link
Yay. Thanks for all the work that has gone into this, I can't wait to play the final version :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Excellent! Is it correct that Raider Wars and the Earth Minbari demo are included?

What about the Mission Pack?

Offline guppy

Its Brilliant.
Ive finally managed to get something working, You've done a great job.
Thanks again
Guppy :D

Do all the previous 3.4 base missions work?Anyone know?

Yes, they seem to work.  :yes:

Also, Earth-Minbari War and Raider Wars are both included at versions 3.0 judging from the vp names, so those extra downloads are no longer necessary.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 10:34:50 pm by Huggybaby »

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Wow, that downloaded fast. 239KB/sec   :wakka: 

Installed good, no problems.  :D

Ran fred, works like a charm.  :nod:

setup launcher and ran, also good.  ;)

Now enjoying the Earth Minbari War.  :yes2: :P :yes:

Many thanks to the staff for your time and effort put into the TC.  ;)  :D

Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Awesome report Whitelight. I haven't had any problems either.

BTW, here is the torrent I put together: http://www.mininova.org/tor/793103.

<edit> 126 people are downloading from me right now. </edit>
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:06:05 am by Huggybaby »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
*backuping WIP missions*
"Lets see what this lightsaber TBP Final can do."
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
"Lets see what this lightsaber TBP Final can do."

Try and be tolerant of minor bugs Orph. I simply ran out of time to work on this thing since I'm moving house and starting a new job in a week.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 5amura1

So I'm rather new to all this...
When I click the link I get a new page full of code, do I need to compile this before I can run it?

I'm trying to run this on my MAC, I read elseware that I needed the 3.4 to run with the FS2 3.6.9, is that true too?

Thanx

Offline Manunkind

• Ummm...
Ugh... I hate to be the first to post a problem...  :nervous:

In the mission loading screen, the game crashes and spews the following out:

Could not load exp04 anim file

file:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Fireball\Fireballs.cpp

Line:697

(This file points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable)

Neither can I view any ships in the Techroom. And the cursor 'smears' itself all over the main screen.

I've got OpenAL installed. And I never had any trouble with the previous versions. Please help!

Offline Azodiak

And I hate to be the second one...

I downloaded the TBP-Base-3_4 and clicked it twice so it could install. The program said that windows is preparing for the installation (around 30 seconds) and after that countdown... NOTHING happened. I restarted my computer - the same. Isn't that a self-installing file?

btw it is 908,576 MB. I hope that sice is true and the data is not corrupt

Offline Manunkind

• Ummm...
Mine installed for around 10 minutes, I guess it's just a question of waiting longer than the installer would suggest.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

I downloaded the TBP-Base-3_4 and clicked it twice so it could install. The program said that windows is preparing for the installation (around 30 seconds) and after that countdown... NOTHING happened. I restarted my computer - the same. Isn't that a self-installing file?

It takes a while, you just gotta wait.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm trying to run this on my MAC, I read elseware that I needed the 3.4 to run with the FS2 3.6.9, is that true too?

Unfortunately you're out of luck. The game is being distributed as a .msi which means it will only work with Windows. If you can extract it on a Windows machine I'm sure you could take the files and get it running on a Mac or in Linux though.

In the mission loading screen, the game crashes and spews the following out:

Could not load exp04 anim file

file:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Fireball\Fireballs.cpp

Line:697

(This file points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable)

Neither can I view any ships in the Techroom. And the cursor 'smears' itself all over the main screen.

I've got OpenAL installed. And I never had any trouble with the previous versions. Please help!

I hate to go against the established advice (especially as I was one of those who established that advice) but that particular error is almost certainly caused by running the game in OpenGL on an Intel graphics card. You'll have to run in Direct3D to make it work and that can cause certain graphical errors. There is a fix for some of those errors to be found here. No idea how well it actually works.

That one puzzled me too. Check your start menu and see it it hasn't actually installed rather quietly to C:\Program files\
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Manunkind

• Ummm...
(slaps forehead) I thought it might be because of OpenGL but somehow it didn't occur to me to try Direct3D instead   :rolleyes:  Thanks, Karajorma.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's not a problem. We've spent a long time training everyone to use OpenGL all the time anyway. It is by far the better of the two APIs because no one is maintaining the FS2_Open D3D code.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Try and be tolerant of minor bugs Orph. I simply ran out of time to work on this thing since I'm moving house and starting a new job in a week.

I'm always tolerant - I guess my I'm still able to life with Direct 3D  :p
and if I find any -- well I've learned a lot - I might be able to fix them myself

Anyway .. if you have not changed the stars.tbl I gave you, we will come along fine
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

That one puzzled me too. Check your start menu and see it it hasn't actually installed rather quietly to C:\Program files\

HAHA! thats exactly what happened.  Oddly enough I had a feeling that was the case but, before, when I checked  C:/Program Files/  I didn't see it as I was looking for Babylon Project or Freespace didn't think of the definite article "The"

It takes a while, you just gotta wait.

I've got a somewhat older system: AthlonXP 2100+ w/ 512 MB RAM and Win2K.  I've been letting the installer work for over an hour and it still has not gotten past the "Please wait while windows configures your installation" or whatever that wait message is.  Meanwhile, my system process is pegged at 100% CPU usage and the rest of the computer has slowed to a crawl.  Should that be happening?  Is my computer just that old?
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan