Author Topic: Kickstarter thread: Kick all the things!  (Read 6620 times)

Re: Kickstarter thread: Kick all the things!
With all the cool stuff lately on Kickstarter, and the roaring success of Starlight Inception, how about a general Kickstarter thread?

Does Star Inception support Trackir?

Does Star Inception support Trackir?

Currently, no. But it's on the list of things to look at, apparently: http://steamcommunity.com/app/250720/discussions/0/846965056709322415/

A bump:

Hyper Light Drifter
It's a game, seems Zelda-esque. It's got style out the wazoo, and has a lot of people excited.

BUT! It also has a new boss who attacks with "mutated hard-light pincer claws" so I think that means we have to back it or something.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club

I really, really hope this gets fully funded (95% and4 days left): http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hinterlandgames/the-long-dark-a-first-person-post-disaster-surviva

Oooh, it's got a :v: guy working on it - Alan Lawrance

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Really excited about this one: Cyan, the creators of Myst and Riven, have a Kickstarter going for a brand-new project called Obduction, a sci-fi themed adventure game.  This is essentially their first work on a brand-new universe in 20 years, and I can't wait to see what they come up with for it.  They've managed to hit $100k in less than a day, so it's looking very promising.

Edit: And now it's fast approaching $350k in less than two days.  I've backed a few things before, but never one of these crazy-exponential campaigns, and it's just fantastic. :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:18:20 pm by Mongoose »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
As long as they don't repeat the animal sound puzzle, I'd buy it. :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Well, things died down for a while in the middle, but thanks to an awesome push in the last few days, Obduction made it! :D There are still 60 hours left to try for some stretch goals, the first of which is Oculus Rift support and expanded localization, and I think it'll wind up reaching at least that.

Re: Best space-shooter ever
It is very hard to say that which one is the best. I am trying to find but really hard to say that which one is the best. But one thing I found that is some really interesting space games are under development. Kickstarter is a good source of this types of information. 
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1760753044/star-quest-2-united-galaxies-space-sim-rts-racing