Author Topic: What is going to the the Confed's longest range missile?  (Read 3416 times)

Offline NickM

What is going to the the Confed's longest range missile?
Guys:

Hey there...as always I am eagerly awaiting this game; but I was wondering...in regards to missiles used against Cat Fighters & Bombers, what is the longest range missile the programmer plan to use...I LIKE stand off type weaponry;

TiA

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: What is going to the the Confed's longest range missile?
We are using WC3 weaponry only. So the missile range will be the same as in the Prologue.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

The only long range missile I know of in the WCverse would be the HARM and EHARM, both from Prophecy.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
IN WC2, it was Image Recognition by a decent margin...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Actually there was the Artemis ELRIR in Prophecy SO, which was a image rec too.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline NickM

Guys:

So then..NOTHING like the 'Trebuchet' for fighter to fighter work then? Too bad;

NM

Artemis was designed for anti-bomber/anti-turret missile, it's sorta like the treb.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
In WC the missiles ranges are pretty high. So you will be able to engage an enemy at pretty high ranges with your missiles.
Still I would suggest that you keep your missiles for importend targets and make sure that each missile hits. Other then in FS you have a very limited supply of missiles and no rearming.
6 to 16 missles (not including torpedos) is what you have. On the other hands these missiles could ruin everyones day, well mostly everyones.
Wing Commander plays quite different in that matter compared to Freespace.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I think we should take a minute and congratulate ourselfs on missile implementation in the prologue. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Wing Commander plays quite different in that matter compared to Freespace.

That's the goal of a good TC.

And TheBabylonProject, Saga and most noteably BtrL pulled this off great.
Now let's hope Karajorma and his fellows nail it too.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.