Author Topic: Saga/Behind Enemy Lines--psycho AI/aim/missiles etc??  (Read 1832 times)

Saga/Behind Enemy Lines--psycho AI/aim/missiles etc??
Whenever I play through Behind Enemy Lines, I notice a few things:

a.  The enemies never miss (even the freighters no matter your ship movements)
b.  They only go after the player and ignore your wingman--even if your wingman engages them first, then then turn to you once you get in range
c.  The enemies launch 5000000 missiles at you asap til you're dead

I've been recently playing through Wing Commander 3 on a DOS machine and well... even on Crazy difficulty, they don't quite do that.  Sure, it's freakin hard and the enemies do their darndest not to die, but, it is manageable.  It's not like you fly into a swarm of 5 Vaktoth's and suddenly get gang raped by all of them (who never miss) while your wing commander just dances around never getting shot at while all you can do is dodge the whole time.  In BEL, this is exactly how it is :P  That's on medium difficulty, too.

So what I'm curious about is, and I know ya'll have been working hard (amazing stuff I'm seeing) and I truly appreciate all the efforts--is the AI being modified in the final version to be more WC like?

Offline KeldorKatarn

Re: Saga/Behind Enemy Lines--psycho AI/aim/missiles etc??
Behind enemy lines is not a project of the Saga team. Ask the modder who's behind that project. He probably messed up the AI orders and turret settngs. Such issues have nothing to do with the game engine itself.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Saga/Behind Enemy Lines--psycho AI/aim/missiles etc??
It was fine when I tested it. Maybe a recent build glitch, or some problem on your end, Anyway, post the log.