Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - There's a demo now  (Read 23779 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Mass Effect 3 - There's a demo now
To continue our series about proper ME3 multiplayer, here's a few thoughts on Silver and Gold matches.

SILVER:
-Only enter into these matches with either a high-level character, or with friends. You do not necessarily need to coordinate with others, but that heavily depends on the other players not derping around. Personally, I would not want to try silver with someone whose N7 level is below 10. The N7 level is the combined class level across all characters, somebody with a level of 120 would have all 6 classes levelled to max, for example.
-If you have to choose between targets, refer to this handy guide:
Phantoms > Turrets > Combat Engineers > Nemesis > Atlas > Centurions > Assault Troopers
To explain, Phantoms need to be killed as fast as possible, due to their speed and instakill abilities. Turrets will lock down areas and kill you extremely fast. Engineers plant turrets, kill them before they can plant more. Nemesis and Atlases seem scary, but can be avoided pretty easily, while Centurions and Troopers are just annoying.
-Do NOT ignore grenades.

GOLD:
-Communication is ESSENTIAL. If you cannot voicechat, don't even try this level.
-Min character level should be 15+
-On Gold, you cannot hang around near the LZs. On the two maps available, the best positions to hole up in are:
   -In the city, directly ahead across the plaza, near the landed hovercars
   -On Noveria, basically the other end of the map.
-ALWAYS call out the more dangerous enemy types
-You need equipment. Better ammo types, ammo bonusses, all of it.
-You need upgraded weapons, whether upgraded basic weapons or the extra guns
-What I said before about missile launchers and Atlases? Goes double here. You have 8 missile launchers on the team. Getting 4 or more Atlases on the map will happen fairly soon.
-It is strongly recommended to have AT LEAST one Asari adept with an upgraded Stasis power on the team. You NEED them to lock down Phantoms
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I'm going to enjoy the game very much if i wanted a detailed story line i'd rather read a book or play Planescape: Torment
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
honk

my point is it's a mismatched, unprofessional crew and a prothean with morale issues is hardly out of place

Offline Mikes

I'm going to enjoy the game very much if i wanted a detailed story line i'd rather read a book or play Planescape: Torment

So you are saying that for anyone who wants to have a detailed storyline Bioware games are now crap? lol ;)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

So you are saying that for anyone who wants to have a detailed storyline Bioware games are now crap? lol ;)
i think he's more saying that for anyone who wants an actual storyline without the glaring gibbering plotholes should really go find something else. both bioware and EA are milking this **** for all its little worth.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline mxlm

In my ME2, Jack is reformed and about as respectable as she can get.  Don't misunderstand, she's still and all-powerful *****, but she's mellowed being around Sheperd and coming to understand that the violence and rage doesn't have to control her.
Grunt NEVER had the mind of a child, only the heart of one.
And Legion was never an enemy, he saved my life twice before I said one word to him, only your anti-synthetic prejudice paints him as an enemy.  His people were wronged by the Quarians just as much, if not more than they wronged the Quarians, they only protect the space they occupy now out of a sense of self preservation because the organics would wipe them out if they didn't.

Dude, most of your crew and two of your squadmates are provided by WHATIFBILLGATESANDWARRENBUFFETWERENGOSPACENAZIS
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

<extremely awesome image>

You deserve a hug.

Offline Mort

• The dog that went meow

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Some of you gonna hate me for this - but all possible endings have been leaked (complete with screenshots).

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET SPOILED/DISAPONTED

Spoiler:

- shepard always dies, no matter what.

- a total of 6 endings (3 variations of destroy the reapers, 1 merge with reapers, 2 control the reapers)

- all mass relays get destroyed, no matter what.

- Normandy gets zapped to another part of the galaxy, crashlands on a planet. The epilogue is narrated by the descendants of the crew, who created a colony??? (with a crew of 50???)

- there's a ragestorm on BSN, as apparently nothing makes sense:
- Some space magic causes everyone to magicly become synthetic in the merge ending
- everything related to EZoo is gone. No more biotics
- people magicly teleport around to be on the dessired location
- the Citadel is alive and is the reaper master control unit(?????)
- the reapers are morons of unbelievalbe caliber. They move the citadel to Eath orbit, close it and soround it with their fleet. It is impregnable and they control all mass relays. And not only do they NOT shut down the relays and let Sheps fleet in, they also deliberately build a back door to citadel (like the conduit) on Earth that circumvents all of their defences. Why? So they could bring humans on the citadel to build a new reaper...even toughy they have a million ships and the citadel is parked over Earth. What the derp????

I could go on, but won't....

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:29:54 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Those endings do sound quite awesome indeed.

Quick-reading through the omg rage threads on BSN (and god do I feel stupider for doing so), I think the problem is that people were thinking they were playing Gurren Lagann, not Mass Effect.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:29:08 am by The E »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Those endings do sound quite awesome indeed.

Quick-reading through the omg rage threads on BSN (and god do I feel stupider for doing so), I think the problem is that people were thinking they were playing Gurren Lagann, not Mass Effect.

Dude, Gurren Laggan makes more sense that this.
Yeah, a lot of people are raging because they can't get their "and they lived happily ever after ending" with their waifus, but that is not the real probblem (or a problem at all. I for one prefer a sad/bittersweet ending).

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
No "and they lived happily ever after" ending ?

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No "and they lived happily ever after" ending ?

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Correct.
Only "WTF is this s***!???"  endings

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
hahaha that's ****ing awesome

we know all along that
Spoiler:
the reapers were going to be ****ing idiots because they've been written that way since ME1 and bioware is bad at them

i am more pumped now

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Hmm, it suspiciously seems to lack a sequel hook. Unless they resurrect Shepard again for ME4, that is.
Somehow, I don't think that ME3 could flop enough to kill this cash cow.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The storyline started in ME1 ends in ME3. If there will be ME4, it will be completely different story. No Shepard. It is pretty much guaranteed there will be other games in the same ME universe, there's no stopping milking the cow.

Please, dear god, let it all be lies. 

I don't mind a bittersweet ending.  But those are all awful, and not in a "How terribly sad" way - just a "Who the hell thought this was a good idea?" way.

Offline Kszyhu

I'm reading just those unspoilered parts, and I've realized one thing - waiting for the price of ME3 to get lower will be damn hard.

Somehow, a happy "everything will be alright" ending would never fit the impossible odds that are set up in the intro. I have not read the spoilers though... I wouldn't know - But I geuss the choices are basically "Everyone is ****ed" or "Earth is ****ed"...