Author Topic: [RELEASE] HTL Asklepios  (Read 12802 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
[RELEASE] HTL Asklepios

EAM Asklepios
Earther Medical Vessel

What originally came off of the drawing board as a luxury cruise liner for intrasystem tourism within Sol, the Asklepios was retrofitted to accomodate military-grade medical equipment and facilities prior to the GTVA-EA conflict. Boasting twenty-five state-of-the-art ambulatory operating facilities, one hundred-fifty surgical ICU units, and more than five hundred well-trained medical staff, it serves as a mobile hospital for the crews of EA warships. Although a strategic target and a tantalizing capture opportunity, the Asklepios is rarely found near the front lines. All GTVA pilots are instructed to avoid engaging the Asklepios without specific orders.

Inferno Team pleasently introduce our New Year's gift for the Freespace community. Those who follow my posts on HLP Discord are certainly aware that I was preparing release of new model from some time. This time I have big, medical ship for you. Inferno is aware about constant shortages of utility ships of all kinds. And Inferno wants to contribute to solving that matter :D.

Appearing in current release of Nostos as mid-poly, tilemapped ship, Asklepios was reworked into very detailed, almost movie-grade mesh. A HTL model with high-resolution PBR textures is now available for you folks, to be used in your projects and save lifes of everyone who requires medical assistance.

Being aware of community's needs, I prepared several separate texture variants for Inferno but also for other, potential projects in mind. This release comes in two versions - standard GTVA medical ship that is similar to basic EA variant, and Great War-era skin to resemble GTC Fenris as much, as possible.

DOWNLOAD

TECHNICAL NOTES:
- Both variants require destroyed version textures present in main folder. Simply pick up the skin you need, copy all the files into your mod's folder and than copy destroyed version's textures. They fit to both variants.
- This is PBR ship release, so it will look cool only on newer, PBR builds.

Inferno Team wishes you all Happy New Year and promises more cool things to come :).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:29:21 am by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: [RELEASE] HTL Askelpios
Thanks! Much appriciated!

- This is PBR ship release, so it will look cool only on newer, PBR builds.

That should be bold. Without a PBR build the textures look almost completely black and/or oddly reflective.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
WOW can't wait to see how this slows down my gaming rig!  :p  Really skillful artwork, thanks Inferno Team!  :nod:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Gorgeous.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

BTW the ship is named Asklepios and not Askelpios although all maps are typo'ed as well (but that's not a technical bug).

WOW can't wait to see how this slows down my gaming rig!

Actually it has as many textures as the tilemapped version. Just saying. :D
But it is the biggest thing so far in my ShipsDB, even bigger than the Cairo and the Solaris. Record!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:43:25 am by Nightmare »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
BTW the ship is named Asklepios and not Askelpios although all maps are typo'ed as well (but that's not a technical bug).

WOW can't wait to see how this slows down my gaming rig!

Actually it has as many textures as the tilemapped version. Just saying. :D
But it is the biggest thing so far in my ShipsDB, even bigger than the Cairo and the Solaris. Record!
Too lazy to rename them when I noticed that.

As for maps, it actually use three textures + turrets. Debris use separate set so they are not displayed until the ship is destroyed. Nameplate does not count, just like insignia.

And of course, I'm king of detailboxes. So no, it's not laggy :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

You can name the textures as you please, what I primary meant was that you could name the thread properly then. :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: [RELEASE] HTL Asklepios
Can easily rename them in the model without doing any serious editing using a hex editor like axe.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
You can name the textures as you please, what I primary meant was that you could name the thread properly then. :D
o____O

That feel... When you repeat the name soo many times, so your mind gets fried and you have no bloody idea which one is correct.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Superb!

Can easily rename them in the model without doing any serious editing using a hex editor like axe.

Re-reading this, it reminds me how I read once that shortly how shortly after FS (or FS2, not sure) was released some guy wanted to create new ships using only a hex editor...