Author Topic: Joining The Diaspora Team  (Read 80352 times)

Re: Joining The Diaspora Team
Hey, was wondering if you guys are still looking for 3D Animators for your cutscenes. I do have professional experience and I can work both in Autodesk Maya or Max.

My youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/MajorDump

Old space stuff I did for a Machinima Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_EBpImoB-A&fmt=18

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Can you get on irc.esper.net on channel #Diaspora?

Use this link if you don't know how.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Hey so what's the situation? I've been popping on and off the irc channel, can't get a hold of you guys since that first time.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
You need to stay for a bit.  Popping on and off won't get you noticed.  We may be on but AFK or busy at the time. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Fair enough, but I'm just sorta wondering where to go from here, I've been rigging up my usable Viper for this test you want to give me. Just tell me what you want so I can get to it :)

Offline Richard

If you need some real translation I can do it for french language.
But I don't know if you want to have a multilang game...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll cover what you have to do on IRC. This is a good place to start if anyone else is interested in translating though.

And here's the first file that needs translating.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:04:45 pm by karajorma »

Just curious; DID UTF-8 support ever make it in?

Offline Hotdog

Are any tester positions open?I promise I wont leak it!
"Life here began out there"-Sacred Scrolls

Offline newman

Sorry we're not recruiting any testers at this time.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Are any tester positions open?I promise I wont leak it!

What we don't need

Experience has shown we'll probably get more posts from people who don't have the skills we need but want to help out in some way. So here's a list of the things we don't need. If that's all you can do for us, thank you for your interest but we can't use you.

Beta-Testers - Nice try but no, you can't have the game early in return for playing it through a couple of times and then posting a couple of comments. :p Beta-testing requires us finding people willing to play the game until they are completely sick of it and as such will be carried out in-house or by invitation only.

How is proving you can't read going to qualify you for a position? :p

Offline Agba

Hey, i was wondering if you guys still need some sound engeniers and mission designers. Ive have experience  (2 years experience with fred2 and Some experience with sandbox 2 editor) so i think i`m able to make some missions or campaigns.

But all in all i think i`m better in making sound an special effects :D if you guys need some examples i`m going to post one or two selfmade missions and some sound until suturday ( I`m very busy this week)

hope i can help you ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:04:04 pm by Agba »

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Hey, i was wondering if you guys still need some sound engeniers and mission designers. Ive have experience  (2 years experience with fred2 and Some experience with sandbox 2 editor) so i think i`m able to make some missions or campaigns.

But all in all i think i`m better in making sound an special effects :D if you guys need some examples i`m going to post one or two selfmade missions and some sound until suturday ( I`m very busy this week)
hope i can help you ;)

We're probably ok for FREDders, but we definitely could use some sound engineering. :) I look forward to seeing what you can do!

Offline newman

We actually badly need a sound engineer. We do need to hear some examples of your work, so I'll look forward to that.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Agba

ok here i go :D, i created two different types of nuclear explosions.

The first (nuclear beta)  is much bigger (i mean it has a bigger BOOM- effect) and sounds more naturally. You know with sonic boom (hope its the right word :D) and the main explosion like on earth. I know there are 2 or 3 clipping sounds in there and i will fix this when i come home ( i did it on my laptop and i havent the right sofware for that, it`s only a beta explosion you know :D)
The effect is an Bass based effect so don`t listen to it with notebook speakers, otherwise it will sound like crap or something like that.

The second (beta 2)  explosion is more like the first explosion in season 1 episonde 1 with an short isolated sound effect, because of the fact that there is no O² in space ;)

on friday i`m going on making the cylon KEW gun but for today i`m done ;)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:33:12 pm by Agba »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You should get on IRC and have a chat with us Agba. You can find us on irc.esper.net on the #diaspora channel or just click here.

Offline Agba

I added an MEC A7 sound, with die isolated space effect.

Offline Agba

video of Diaspora with some sound effects i created.

Be sure to watch it with good speakers, or a good headset with bass ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=___ILExvU7A

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
HOLY CRAP, DIASPORA GAMEPLAY.

*grabs*