Author Topic: FSA basic instruction  (Read 1023 times)

FSA basic instruction
Would someone be able to give me some basic instruction on FSO. I dug out my old FS2 discs and the game runs even on my modern windows 10 system. I installed it on an HDD separate from my SSD/windows drive. I also downloaded and ran FSO and installed a lot of stuff. It never asked me to point to where FS2 is installed though. Is that normal? If I want to play FS2 with the FSO mods do I run it through the desktop shortcut for FS2 or is there an FSO file I need to be using instead? I am not 100% sure how the parts fit together here. Thanks!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: FSA basic instruction
Download Knossos, Knossos will do everything. We really need to make the old FSO installer point to Knossos.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

The stuff on the wiki is almost entirely pre-Knossos, it should be updated because right now almost everything is only on the forum but I'm not an expert on that topic.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
The support FAQ and FSO release post still recommend wxLauncher and don't mention Knossos.
Would anyone be opposed to changing that?

**** NO. I just didn't knew what to write there as I'm not qualified on that topic. But I'd suggest to keep it available on a separate page, so that it isn't lost entirely.