Author Topic: RELEASE: Fortunes of War (Partial)  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
RELEASE: Fortunes of War (Partial)
This is a contingency release of Fortunes of War, the earliest campaign that I started work on and the one that has lain dormant the longest.  Most of the missions are playable, and have been so for quite some time.  I had hoped to get back to finishing them at some point, but in case that doesn't happen, here you go.

Fortunes of War is a new campaign for the original Descent: FreeSpace.  It fills in the month-long gap in the third act of the main FreeSpace campaign.  There's nothing ground-breaking here, but there is a playable campaign with a bunch of fun missions.  As a bonus, you'll get to check out some of my very earliest mission design work. :D

View the project page on SectorGame here, or download the mod from here.  Place the VP in your FreeSpace directory and run FreeSpace.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:52:12 am by Goober5000 »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: RELEASE: Fortunes of War (Partial)
Can it be converted to be played on FSport? I still have original FS: Great War discs, but I don't even want to think what my 2560x1080 widescreen will do with original game :P.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You can configure your graphics card to stretch the resolution to fill your monitor while keeping the same proportions.  There will be pillarbox-style black bars on the left and right, but it should still work fine.

It is certainly possible to convert the game to use FSPort, but it's not as simple as re-saving the missions.  Don't you want to enjoy the original splendor of FS1? :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
You can configure your graphics card to stretch the resolution to fill your monitor while keeping the same proportions.  There will be pillarbox-style black bars on the left and right, but it should still work fine.

It is certainly possible to convert the game to use FSPort, but it's not as simple as re-saving the missions.  Don't you want to enjoy the original splendor of FS1? :)
That's what I wanted to avoid. I hate black bars :P. And without them HUD and interface graphics will be insanely stretched and distorted. I may install first game, but porting this to FSPort seems to be more resonable option. Plus better graphics and stuff :P.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It may be converted using the Port in the future, but I won't have time to do that in the near term.  I think the more reasonable option is for you to install FS1 and play the mod as it was intended to be played. :p