Author Topic: New board  (Read 7426 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Like the board description says, this board is for discussion about anything related to games other than FreeSpace. If a game becomes a very popular topic, it might be granted its own board.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SUPREAM KOMMDAR ROKKKKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111222333
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nuclear1

LOL DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!

*cough* I mean, this is cool.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
kING'S qUEST ftw!@@@@@

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Warhead forevar!!! ;7
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Warhead forevar!!! ;7
:lol:

i have that game on the CD here :lol:
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Has anyone else tried the latest beta of ZZT?
-C

Offline Axem

I do must say that the Battlecruiser 3000AD saga is most exquisite. Have any of you fellows partook in operating that particular entertainment program? In my quite honest opinion, I believe it to be a wonderous piece of art.

I can wait nary a fortnight for a subsequent edition.

Offline Nuclear1

I must concur, chap. That Dr. Derek Smart Derek Smart Derek Smart Derek Smart Derek Smart sure is a genius when it comes to entertainment of such exquisite value.

Derek Smart.

(Just for the search engines :p )
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Anyone played Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends?

I've got it sitting here and am yet to play it. (mate lent it to me) Pretty cool game or no?

Offline Nuclear1

I've not played any recent RTS game in a while. The most recent I believe was C&C: Generals, which I quite enjoyed.

I'm actually going back to older RTS games for a while, particularly the Red Alert series and Starcraft.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
StarCraft is awesome, Blizzard should make a StarCraft 2 RTS. I haven't played SC:Ghost, but I'd prefer an RTS as a sequel, not a lousy FPS or 3rdPS "meanwhile-quel."

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Starcraft 2 should be made in the same way that Warcraft 3 was made, by this I mean combining rpg elements into the rts but with a more ''serious'' tone. All I wanna know is what the heck that Duran was.

Offline Nuclear1

Starcraft 2 should be made in the same way that Warcraft 3 was made, by this I mean combining rpg elements into the rts but with a more ''serious'' tone. All I wanna know is what the heck that Duran was.

It may just be me, but I disliked the complexity of WC3's RPG element, mostly just the items. SC2 would be fine if they solely kept the experience gaining and persistency of heroes like Raynor throughout the campaign, but there was just something about collecting items that just wouldn't seem right in the SC universe.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I think Duran was a Xel'Naga. That's just IMO. It's hard for to see him as anything else. I agree about the items, but I'm not sure about experience in a StarCraft 2. If he was Terran, why, when the Zerg infested him (if they did, I assume so because in the editor you can create an "Infested Duran" which is exactly the same as good old normal Samir Duran), did he look just like he did before?

@Sarafan: Can I assume, then, that you've played the bonus mission in SC:BW?

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
I think Duran was a Xel'Naga as well. He said that he was a servant of a "far greater power that has slept for countless ages," and the only group such as that would be the Xel'Naga. Because of this, I don't believe that Duran had become infested by the Zerg, but instead he simply changed his appearance and person to play both sides as he did with the UED and Kerrigan. His voice also changes in the bonus mission, possibly to its true form.

I'm actually interested in what mind happen to, say, Stukov, if he might return infested like Kerrigan and pose a threat to her power in the K Sector with a splinter group of infested Terrans and other Zerg. Needless to say, the BW ending was a terrific cliffhanger, and I'm still anxious to know what would happen to Raynor in particular.

Mods, could we possibly split the SC discussion if this gets any larger?

Offline neoterran

Oblivion. Let's talk Oblivion Modding.

Remember the Kilrathi crashed spaceship in Ultima VI? The one in the field from WC2 ?

Let's do something like that for Oblivion.. a trashed herc.. apollo... or even Fenris/Levi ? What would players make of it..?

Add a magic weapon Subach HL-11 found in the ruins... adds a cyberpunk feel to oblivion   :nod:
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Anyone played Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends?

I've got it sitting here and am yet to play it. (mate lent it to me) Pretty cool game or no?
Got it, quite a good game that. If you're able to play it online, gimme a shout and i'd be happy to oblige.

Remember the Kilrathi crashed spaceship in Ultima VI? The one in the field from WC2 ?

Let's do something like that for Oblivion.. a trashed herc.. apollo... or even Fenris/Levi ? What would players make of it..?
The crashed Herc from the opening sequence - complete with dead pilot with his little holographic doohickey - would be quite nice indeed.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Warhead forevar!!! ;7

You talking about the Amiga/Atari ST game?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I'm not allowed to play games anymore (except for the very occational bought of FS2 or MOO1).
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key