Author Topic: SabreWing (2)??  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ran across a reference to this game while browsing the FS2 section of the GameSpot forums... has anyone ever played it or its younger brother?

http://www.download.com/SabreWing-2/3000-7551_4-10173223.html
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Never seen it, also I seem to suck at this game, I can't even get past the loading...  :wtf:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Sphynx

I played a demo. It was really fairly good.

The problem is, you needed to be connected to the internet to use it, and there was something about the missions being streamed from online. I don't really remember much about it. That may be why you are not able to get past loading, because the missions are no longer available on line. Since it is no longer supported, I don't know that you can play it any more, even if you own the complete game.

At least, that's what I can remember about it.
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Say what? I dL'd it form the link here in this thread, And played both Instant actions at home on my work laptop. It worked fine.

I dont like the game (nothing personal) it just doesnt grab me as FS, WC or I-War do. It reminds me of x-com interceptor. (but without the resource management and the other good bits)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Sphynx

Hmm. That is different. I played it about 2 years ago and I seem to recall that is the way it worked.

I suppose I could be mistaken! :)
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.