Author Topic: Funny moments in gaming?  (Read 13388 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Funny moments in gaming?
Have you played any games that have left you doing the ROFL thing? Any particular moments in your gaming life that stand out in your memory as being funny? Let's hear some good stories. I could do with a laugh.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Re: Funny moments in gaming?
I don't know about actual in game, but when I first played Resident Evil on the Playstation I jumped that high when the dogs burst through the window that I found I was stood up. Most embarrasing in front of friends. (Although they had played the game before and knew that it was coming! B'Stards)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Shade

Carmageddon: Accidentally getting both a Pinball powerup and the one that made your car spontaneously make small jumps at the same time, while going at speed... man, that was hilarious. I swear, there weren't many parts of the map I didn't impact at least once before my car expired :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Day of the Tentacle in the early nineties, Nothing since.........Of course multiplayer games always make me laugh, like Goldeneye dropping mines and saturating the corridoors in the archives with them whilest your lil bro with twinAR33s tries to make it..... :lol:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Shade

Lucasarts adventures always were good for a laugh. Well, a whole barrel of laughs actually :) They need to start making more.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Are we talking Monkey Island 1 & 2 here?

I have a fondness for bad AI. There was a sword and sorcery "walking down the street game" called Golden Axe in the arcades. At onc point you'd be on a cliff edge and a couple of skeletons would appear. They'd run at you and you could jump straight up in the air. At which point they'd run under you and straight off the edge of the cliff.

Another demonstration of bad AI was the hopeless goalkeepers in Emlyn Hughes International Soccer on the C64. If the ball skidded to a stop about 3 steps in front of the goalie the AI would get into a pickle and the goalie would start diving left and right like a lunatic. Allowing an opposition player to casually walk up, pick up the ball, and walk it around the keeper into the goal.

More bad AI. The hostages in Counterstrike. See this old movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxq2QbMg-H8

Twisted Metal used to be a good source of laughs. There was plenty you could do in that one. Like driving towards the edge of a building, getting your opponent to follow you, dropping a spring, hitting the brakes, watching your opponent sail over head and off into oblivion.

Then there was North & South. An American civil war strategy game with battles played out as a comic subgame where you could switch between controlling riflemen, cavalry, or canons. Often you'd be down to your last rifleman and despite the odds still end up wiping out the opposing army and gaining victory. Worth a look if you've got a retrogaming mate to play against.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Nuclear1

Twisted Metal used to be a good source of laughs. There was plenty you could do in that one. Like driving towards the edge of a building, getting your opponent to follow you, dropping a spring, hitting the brakes, watching your opponent sail over head and off into oblivion.

Aye, Twisted Metal was a little gem of a game.

The last time I remember actually laughing hard when it comes to games would be in Starcraft/WC2/WC3 and 'annoying' the units (y'know, clicking them a whole bunch of times and they start saying all sorts of stuff). The Science Vessel and Battlecruiser in Starcraft, as well as the Rifleman in WC3 were probably the best IMO.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Day of the Tentacle in the early nineties, Nothing since........
Seconded. There's a reason it's in my top 10 of all time.

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
Day of the Tentacle in the early nineties, Nothing since........
Seconded. There's a reason it's in my top 10 of all time.

Oh yeah. DOTT is one hell of a fun ride. I'm a LucasArts adventure game junkie. Out of all their games though, I have to say Grim Fandango is the best of the best. The style in that game can just blast right through an Ursa. Plus it's really funny in a sensical way. :)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Then there was North & South. An American civil war strategy game with battles played out as a comic subgame where you could switch between controlling riflemen, cavalry, or canons. Often you'd be down to your last rifleman and despite the odds still end up wiping out the opposing army and gaining victory. Worth a look if you've got a retrogaming mate to play against.
North & South was a blast! There was nothing like seeing your friends army wasted when that sleeping sombrero dude down in Mexico throws a bomb at them. :lol:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I remember having a few ROFL moments in separate games, but i only remember one.

You know the first Medal of Honor game that was released for the PS1? In the first level of mission 7, i grabbed a bazooka and ran until i saw two Nazi soldiers standing in the tunnel. I took a wild shot and the rocket hit the wall behind the first soldier, and he went flying into his buddy, killing him. :D (i've never been able to duplicate that, though. musta been a fluke)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline watsisname

Can multiplayer hilarity count here?
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I could describe at least 30 such things in Deus Ex and several more concerning the AI in the C&C games. :D

Offline Nuclear1

Can multiplayer hilarity count here?

Oh ho, then I've got about a million FS1/Cataclysm stories for that.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Multiplayer? Sure why not. On that score I once spent an entire map of Team Fortress following around a guy with a headshot aimbot jumping up and down in front of him to prevent him scoring kills. Childish possibly but very funny and people appreciated my bouncy ass getting in the way of his 200ft instantaneous headshots.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
oh yeah. i also remember playing FS1 a few years ago on the mission where you capture the Taranis. Funny thing. I'm the only one left after the hapless friendly AI wingmen got killed by Rama wing. I'm furiously dodging missiles and laser blasts, and 2 scorpions come at me. I dive and they both collide with each other. My brother ROFL'd, i just chuckled.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

How about Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga? One of the most hilarious titles I've ever seen. Why? Because it has......

FAWFUL!!!! :D

"Your lives that I spit on are but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"
:wakka:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
I could describe at least 30 such things in Deus Ex
Then I think you in particular would enjoy the Sunglasses At Night webpage, if you haven't seen it already. :lol: I don't think I've ever laughed much harder.  Don't miss the subsections either.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, I've been to that awesome site. I actually submitted a list of about 10 additional glitches to that guy a few months ago. There is much more in that game that he hasn't described there. :D

Offline watsisname

Well, for a few days during school lunch hour a few years back, I'd play some Super Mario Cart with some buddies.  On one particular race, I was close behind another person... when suddenly I hear the guy who's behind say, "Whoohoo, blue shell!".  I say "Whew, good thing I'm in second." :D  Then I suddenly realize that the guy in front of me slammed on the brakes and was now behind me.  I then fumble for the brake button, shouting "Oh ****!  BRAKE!?  BRAAAKE!!!" and proceed to get nuked in a tasty blueberry-colored explosion of pain.

Also, one night not too long ago, I was playing Descent 2 with some folks (see the superhappy D2 multiplayer fun thread).  I shot this one person, damaging him, and then he started typing.  I was quite nearly dead at the time, myself, and so I decided to just ram into them a few times for the hell of it.  I died in the collision, and exploded.  My explosion killed the other guy, giving me enough kills to be promoted to Commander.  BEST... PROMOTION... EVER! :lol:
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.